what if

okay guys I am really, really sorry I have not been updating yall are going to stab me and I won't mind but I'll update thrice for today.

Alyssa POV

I turned the corner and bumped into Regulus.

"Hey watch where your-. Oh, it's you."

By this point, I had nothing left to do so I hugged him and began crying my eyes out in the middle of the hallway. He wrapped his arms around me and began soothing me, trying to figure out why on God's green earth I was crying.

"Hey, hey what's up? Was it those marauders? You can tell me, just not here. We don't want people to think all the wrong things now, do we?"

He pulled me into a cupboard and grabbed a bucket for me to sit on. Luckily, there was a light so we weren't in complete darkness.

"Tell me. What happened?"

Sniffling, I looked up at him. Why was I crying? Over something so petty? It just didn't make sense. I had no idea what the hell I was feeling yet it seemed as though I could just let it out by talking to him.

So I did. I told him about how I screamed at his brother, how I relentlessly called them monsters and how I was such a dumb idiot forever trying to be friends with the marauders. I told him about how I accepted James's apology and how I shouted at Remus for not doing anything.

 He listened intently, his nose scrunching up at every little detail and when I finished I was crying all over again. Stupid me.

He looked at me and took a deep breath.

"It's not your fault. Your not stupid, you're not an idiot. Don't blame yourself for saying the truth, and don't blame yourself for the reactions they had to what is right. You, single-handedly are the strongest person I know and if they can't see how hard you tried, you don't need to associate yourself with them. Don't be a pushover. It's not worth it in the long run."

I looked up from the ground, making eye contact with him

He crouched down and grabbed my hand then said,

"Whatever you feel right now is okay. If you feel hurt or angry, or sad, it's fine. But it doesn't have to affect you forever. You just need to accept it and move on."

"But what if I can't? What if I'm the one who's in the wrong? Why is it so hard for me to accept their apology?"

"They did terrible things to you. If it were me, I couldn't be so quick to accept a small word then move on and be friends with them."

I smiled half-heartedly. He was right, I knew but some part of me wanted so bad to be friends with the marauders and I didn't know why.

But at the moment, the only thing I could think of was the person in front of me.

His eyes were illuminated by the small flicker of light from the candle above us. Emerald green was the color they shone. They were so profoundly beautiful I thought for a second I was getting lost in them. He stared back into my eyes, and I swear, the only thing I could hear was the sound of our hearts beating rapidly.

I looked at him and he looked at me back.

Then I kissed him.

a/n and thats that love. i am really sorry for the cliffhanger but yh oh well

570 words