8. Meeting the Queen

I get out of the bath, and wrap my body and hair with the white towels that were neatly stacked beside the sink. I rub away the condensation on the mirror, and take a look at my face for the first time since the crash. There was a little bruising under my eyes, and some small scratches dotted around my face.

I looked around the sink and noticed a drawer. Pulling it open, inside was various care items like moisteriser, a hairbush and hair ties. I brush my wet hair into a low bun, allowing the two white strands loose, as well as some pieces swept around my face. I move slowly into the bedroom, hobbling over to where the dress laid on the bed. The bath had helped my injuries, but I still struggled to walk properly. I sighed, and slowly began to put the dress on, trying to avoid any sharp sensations of pain. I slipped on some brown simple sandals that sat at the bottom of the wardrobe, and walked over to the full length mirror in the corner of the room.

I was surprised slightly at my appearance. I hadn't seen myself dressed up in a long times. My eyes follow the sleeves of the dress that floated around my shoulders, that flowed gently to the floor, almost like a cape. The dress sat nicely along my chest, and cut lightly into my waist, where a golden sash of material tucked me in. It was certainly a change to my dusty clothes from Tatooine.

I walked back over the bed, and picked up my lightsabre. I looked at the dagger, and chose to leave it where it was. I tapped the dress, and realised there was no discreet place to put my sabre. Holding it in my hand, I walked to the bedroom door, knocking on it lightly as it opened. Din stood directly in the entranceway sternly, like a guard.

'Um, hello,' I say, waiting in the doorway for Din to notice. He turned around, slightly startled.

'Cyra, I-' As he turned to face me, he stopped in his tracks. I could see his eyes moving up and down. 'You look...nice.' He continues.

'Thank you,' I respond, slightly awkwardly. He'd never seen me like this. 'Can I ask a favour, can you take this? This dress isn't exactly accommodating .'

I hold out my lightsabre to him. He nods, taking it, and strapped it alongside his other weapons placed around his belt.

'Are you ready to go?'

'Lead the way,' I reply, and Din holds out his arm.

'It's quite a walk,' He responds, and I realise he's offering his arm as support rather than as some sort of courtesy. I nod, and thread my arm through his. I lean into Din slightly as we begin to walk down the corridor towards a large set of stairs.

'I'm surprised they let me keep it.'

'Your lightsabre? I thought that too. They never took any weapons of mine.'

We walk down a set of stairs, and are placed in a long courtyard with marbled ceilings and luxurious red tiled floor. Like my room, the windows stretch from towards the tall ceiling, illuminating the room with the warmth of the sun.

'It's because of you, you know.'

'Hm?' I reply, having gotten distracted by the grandness of the courtyard we were walking through, and the views from the windows.

'The queen knows you. Or of you. She trusts you.'

'Okay...' I'm not too sure whether the Queen knowing me is a good thing or a bad thing. 'Have you already met her?' I ask.

Din nods, as we walk up a further flight of stairs into seemingly endless corridors.

'When the ship arrived. I told her who we were, and she immediately had you sent to a room to be treated. She invited me and Grogu in for some food, and we made arrangements for the ship,' Din indicates with his hand to turn right. 'I haven't met the Queen's mother yet though.'