Chapter two

Alpha Luke of the Black Moon Pack had to lead his Pack to the Creek Pack. A week had passed since they last attacked. He had to remind them that they were not going to give up until they took over the land, moreover, killed their Alpha.

Luke hated Rolus with a passion not possible for humanity. He loathed him to the point where he would not find peace until the bastard was dead. Killed by Luke's hands.

The bad blood between them was only known by them. Not even Luke's parents knew why their son hated Rolus. They were very fond of the heartthrob Alpha Rolus when they met him several times during the Annual Pack Meetings, but as time went by, they started to loathe him, all because their son had a burning hatred for the young Alpha.

The whole of Black Moon Pack started to loathe the other Pack with a passion too, not knowing why they hated. All they knew was that their Alpha would rather die in the hands of an enemy than be saved by the filthy bastard. But then again, the Creek Pack was the enemy. More like Alpha Luke would rather kill himself than be killed by the other Alpha.

Like that would ever happen - being killed by the other Alpha. As far as everyone in the Black Moon Pack knew, Alpha Rolus was waiting for death to claim him. How pathetic.

The only thing standing in the Black Moon Pack's way were the warriors of Creek Pack. They were skilled both in wolf form and human form. They could hold their own in an attack. Even a surprise attack would not do because they remained undefeated, even when their Alpha was on his death bed.

That's what frustrated Luke. He was sitting down in the presence of his parents. The former Luna, Michelle, was sipping her wine slowly, her long braids in an updo. She was a lady with a cold heart, just like her son. But unlike her son, her heart could be melted by the right people. It was once melted by Rolus before their son declared his hatred against him.

She was sat next to her mate, the former Alpha, Samson. They both waited for their son to explain why he had attacked the Creek Pack a week ago. They may not be the leaders of the Pack now, but their word was still law. Law because Luke will always be their child and will never surpass them. Even if he could grow stronger than them, or even defeat them in a fight, he would still be their little boy who they helped grow stronger.

Samson had a frown, still trying to understand why Luke attacked. "So let me get this straight. You have been targeting Rolus' Pack ever since he became ill?" he asked.

Luke didn't know how many times he would have to tell them his reasons.

"I don't know how you were raised, my son. To kick a dog while it's down?" Samson had to rub it in Luke's face that he was unreasonable. It's been like this all evening, his father asking the same question over and over again.

"It's a good enough reason for me," Luke replied, staring on the top of Samson's bald head.

Samson just shook his head in disbelief.

As for Michelle, like always, she was staring at her son, studying him. She was yet to find the reason why her son loathed Rolus.

It saddened her that Luke changed, changed for the worst. Her son was cold, yes, but not like this. She never knew anyone who hated with a passion so deep as her son's.

Before Luke's twin sister, Lucia, died, Luke did not pay any attention to Rolus. He did not even know he existed.

Lucia was sick all her life. She never felt the presence of her wolf. Without her other half, her wolf, she was doomed to death the moment she never transformed when the other kids did.

For Samson and Michelle, Lucia was bound to die anytime. It was her fate. It hurt them, yes, but they always knew that their only daughter was going to die. It was bound to happen, but they didn't know when.