Chapter three

"What is it that you're hiding, Rolus? Please just tell me," Beta Sierra begged, holding her Alpha's hand. It was cold and she tried to transfer her body heat to him. The room was hot, a contrast to the Alpha's body.

Rolus laid on his bed, eyes still closed. He was in a coma, according to the Pack Doctor. His face was pale more than usual, lips chapped and skin sickly. It was the first time Sierra was seeing him like this. He was in his worst.

"I know I've been distant lately, but I just couldn't watch you kill yourself. All you need to do is tell me the truth, Rolus. Maybe you can get the help you need. I know your mate did not die. I don't know what you did, but maybe we can try to find a solution. This isn't living, Rolus. At least tell me what's going on." She squeezed his hand, not too tight though. The silence in the room except the beeping of the machine was killing her.

It's been a week since Rolus has been in a coma. The Pack Doctor said that his wolf did not have the strength to sustain his body. Rolus going into a coma was the result of his wolf fading. Sooner rather than later, he would be gone. Gone and it would all be his fault. He was killing himself and there was nothing anyone could do. His lies and secrets were killing him.

His wolf was regenerating, that's all Sierra heard. They said he might wake up after a week, but it had already passed. The doctors tried all they could, but to Sierra, it was not enough. The man was an Alpha for goodness' sake!

The door slowly opened, grey eyes clashing against her hazel ones, then went to the conjoined hands, hardening.

Sierra quickly removed her hands from Rolus', standing up from the stool and smiling uneasily. "Hey. I didn't hear you come in."

"Of course you didn't," Theo said, smiling, but his eyes betrayed him. They were angry and jealousy was all that poured out of him.

"And what's that supposed to mean?" Sierra snapped, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Nothing," he replied curtly, his muscles on display when he mimicked his mate and crossed his arms.

"Are we really doing this now? Now when our Alpha is in a fucking coma? When our Alpha is fucking dying?" Sierra shouted, angry at her jealous mate.

She knew that she was always super close with Rolus even before she found her mate. Their relationship was a very special one because they were family, they were like a sister and a brother. Everyone knew that, but some liked to assume things, like her mate.

Theo was skeptical of Sierra and the Alpha's relationship. But what was he to think? The Beta and Alpha duo were tight and loved each other dearly that he couldn't help but be jealous.

What was even wrong with him? Jealous of a dying man?

Ever since Alpha Rolus went into coma, Sierra was all over him. Even Theo was no longer getting attention from his mate. He could not remember when last they slept together on the same bed. Oh, it was a week ago, before the Alpha went into coma. If Theo wanted to see his mate, he had to go to the Alpha's room, just to see Sierra, his mate.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'll just... I'll leave. I just wanted to check up on you. And the Alpha of course," Theo was about to turn around and leave, but Sierra grasped his hand and pulled him to her, hugging him.

"No no. I'm sorry. I know I've been neglecting you, but you have to understand, Theo. He's like a brother to me and I can't leave him alone. What kind of a monster would I be if I abandoned him, especially when he's like that?" Sierra spoke against his chest, tears threatening to spill.

"It's okay. I understand," Theo rubbed her back, pained. He felt pain for his mate and his Alpha. "He will be okay. It will all be okay."

"How? Gosh, Rolus is so stubborn. He's killing himself, Theo. Why is he this stubborn? Can't he see that he's dying?" Sierra sobbed, her composure slipping.