Chapter five

It was three days. Three days after Alpha Luke's visit. Three days after Beta Sierra told Rolus that he was a bad Alpha. Even though Sierra might not have meant to say Rolus was a very bad Alpha, Rolus interpreted it like that.

A bad Alpha.

Did Sierra even know the definition of a bad Alpha? Did she? A bad Alpha was the one who enslaved his Pack members. The one who criticized every little thing a member does. A bad Alpha is the one who thinks women of the Pack are nor supposed to be warriors, or Betas. He is the one who thinks Omegas should be treated like trash.

A bad Alpha is the one who abuses his power and takes advantage of his subordinates.

Rolus never did that. He always put the interest of the Pack first. He served the Pack and sometimes forgot that he was also human, that it was okay to rest. He worked nonstop to satisfy the needs of his Pack. He did not have time to himself, all because of the Pack he had to work so hard to protect and make sure it is running smoothly.

He dedicated his whole life to serve the Pack. He even went as far as remaining mateless so as to dedicate his life to the Pack. He believed that mates weakened you, especially if they were weak. Weak like his mate was.

With his head held high, not showing any weakness when he passed Pack members, Rolus ascended the stairs to go to his room.

"Alpha! Please wait up for us!" Zachariah, the Gamma, called out. He was with Zayn and Charlotte, the respective Delta and Head Warrior.

Rolus just sighed, not having the heart to tell them that he was exhausted and wanted to rest.

He waited, sitting down on the stairs, his legs too tired to stand. It was all so sudden that he became exhausted so easily. He was really sick.

"So good to see that you're all well," Charlotte said, flipping her hair and flashing Rolus a flirty smile. They once had a thing, a thing that almost destroyed their friendship and the relationship between him and his Gamma. Charlotte and Zachariah are mates, which Zachariah was not happy about that his Alpha and his mate had a thing, a thing before they mated.

"I try," he replied, trying to keep the façade that he was doing better.

Zayn just shook his head, his dreadlocks swinging. He let them loose, some even covering his face.

"What did you guys want to talk about?" Rolus asked, staring at them.

Zayn sat down next to Rolus, whilst the couple stood.

"Your beef with lovergirl is making the Pack uneasy. I mean, just imagine, their Alpha is sick and their Beta and their Alpha are fighting. They are afraid of what will happen to the Pack if their leaders are playing dog and cat," Charlotte explained, biting the inside of her cheek.

"We don't know what you two are fighting about, but you have to sort out your differences. For the sake of the Pack. They are already worried about your health, and adding another stress is too much," Zayn said, patting Rolus' back.

Rolus just sighed, not knowing what to say or even do. He hung his head low, looking at the ground. Everything was just too much for him.

"We know that it is hard for you, but please just try," Zachariah said, making Rolus glare at him.

"You don't think I've been trying?" Rolus snapped, aggravated.

Zachariah raised his hands in surrender. "Whoa! Don't bite my head off. I'm just saying that-"

Charlotte huffed, cutting her mate off. "You're not trying anything, Rolus. All you do is feel sorry for yourself and say you're trying. I don't see you trying anything. We all know that your beef with Sierra is about your mate. Maybe if you've been honest with her, the tension would ease. Tell her the truth," Charlotte burst, no longer able to contain herself.