Pastries and Denial

"Athena, could I talk to you? Just for a second." Sapnap asked me as I was about to get my things.

"Uh yeah. Techno make Sure the two don't get lost." With that Techno, Tommy and Tubbo walked away and I was left with Sapnap.

"What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Uh the... the... I don't know."  Sapnap rubbed the back of his neck.

"You don't know?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I just wanted to talk to you." Sapnap smiled. He seemed nervous.

Was this his attempt at flirting? He is definitely acting weird like his heart rate picked up, he seems kinda uncomfortable and overall like he's hot. "You look hot." I said and by his reaction I noticed what that sounded like.

"W-well not like-i don't mean HOT- I mean you look hot-like temperature. NOT t-that you don't look good." What is coming out of my mouth? "I MEAN you- are you warm? Do you want to go in the shade?" What is happening? When did it get so hot out here?

"It's fine." He let out a small laugh. "You're cute." He said it quietly.

"What?" I wasn't sure I heard him correct.

"nOthing." Voicecrack. cute. WHAT

He cleared his throat "Anyways we- uh- should go home." my eyes widen "LIKE you go home and I go home. Sepparetly." He added on quickly.

"Yeah. Uh say hi to George for me?" I said and gave him a small smile.

"Oh right... work." Sapnap sounded already done with it. He gave me a small wave and walked into the thick forest. I looked after him for a few seconds noticing how he didn't put a lot of weight on his right foot.

I too made my way back through the forest to L'Manburg. Where I met back up with Techno, Tommy and Tubbo.

"What did he want to talk about?" Tubbo questioned as I joined the at the table, Wilbur apparently set for lunch.

"Oh uh... just about the training. Y'know how I beat my brother and... stuff." I answered taking one of the sandwiches laid out in the middle on a plate.

"so how did you beat The Blade" Tommy questioned with a full mouth of Turkey, tomato, lettuce and cheese sandwich.

"She just knows what she's doing other that you Tommy." Techno said gaining over the different types of sandwiches.

There were BLTs Tubbo favorite, turkey-tomato-lettuce-cheese wich were Tommys favorite, Egg-with-other-stuff wich were Technos favorite, chicken-lettuce-tomato wich were Wilburs favorite. For me there was one with lettuce, salmon and avocado.

Wilbur didn't say a lot during our little lunch.  He mostly just sat there and ate. "So the ball..." He started, he sounded like he hast slept tonight.

"Guuuuys i have the plans for the hall the masquerade will be in so you better help me plan the decorations!" Nikis voice came out exited as she walked to where we were sat.

Banause my back was turned to the door I turned around to see a wide smile on Nikis face. "You seem exited." I laughed a lite at her excitement.

"Oh! Athee, we will go shopping for our dresses later together with some friends of mine." She said as she looked at me with a wide smile. "And I will meet up with those same friends now so they can help me with the plans. Wilbur you will have to join me and Athee will you come too?"

"Big A has to train me in archery she cant do girl stuff with you, woman!" Tommy exclaimed shoving his sandwich in his mouth after he was finished talking.