Chapter 4

June 25, 2012

That morning, classes started. Harleen's classs were sort of like school, but this was a training camp for the college, I didn't blame them. But it was different from school also. For one, it was only one class that you had to take. You showed up to whichever one you wanted and if it wasn't full by the time you got there, you were in. They wrote your name down and then you were required to come to that class for the rest of the summer. They were held every Monday and Thursday and today being Monday, it was our first day.

But things were a little bit different for me this year for two reasons; one, I was a fifth year so our classes were seperate while everyone else was grouped together. And two, because of the partner situation, we were forced to take our classes with our other half.

I'd told Kelsey to tell Eli that we were taking the abstract art class since that was what we were doing for our piece.

Ten minutes before classes started at eleven o' clock, Kelsey, Bianca, Alessa and I started walking to what everyone called The School. This was the building that held all the classrooms. The thing about the school, however, was that it was isolated on a hill away from the cabins, the Center House and the Mess Hall. The hill was crazy steep and was literally agonizing to walk up.

"Ugh, this is so terrible," Alessa complained as we walked up the monster. 

"Come on guys, it's not that bad. Sure, it isn't fun but at least we're getting excersize," she said with a smile on her face. She was walkng at a way faster pace than we were and was a little bit ahead of us.

Bianca looked at her as if she was cazy. "I think I'm gonna go with my sister on this one." She did so by leaning on Alessa's shoulder but she pushed her off only two seconds later.

"How are you so energetic?" I asked her. She wasn't even breaking a sweat in this intense heat. It was June.

She only shrugged.

"Well can you carry me on your back?" I joked.

"No, but Kelsey can jump onto my back anytime." 

I groaned as I recognized the voice. "No one asked you, Elliot. Go dig a hole and and bury yourself alive or something else productive," I said to him without even turning around to face him. 

"Why do you hate Eli so much, he's cute," Kelsey said and and gave him a kiss on the cheek. 

"Yeah, Lace, I'm cute," Eli said, mocking me.

Oh, I can't wait for my revenge.

I decded that I would ignore him for now.

"So, are you getting on my back or..?" Eli said to Kelsey and motioned for her to hop on.

She studied him for a while then shrugged. "Okay," she said and climbed on. Eli secured her then started waking up the hill. "Bye guys!" She called as she disappeared.

"They're a cute couple," Alessa said when she was out of sight. 

I scoffed. "Not when Eli deserves to die alone," I said.

"Is that jealousy I hear?" Bianca asked with sarcasm.

"Oh, yeah, because  want to get married to Eli and have his babies," I said with a laugh. I couldn't even imagine living in the same household as Eli, let alone... "Ow ew, revolting thoughts."

They both laughed at me while I glared when we finally reached the School. We checked the directory at the door and headed to our assigned classrooms.