Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Friday, July 7

"Wake up, Lace, it's friendship Friday!"

I jumped, getting myself tangled in my sheets. But I didn't know this as I tried to lift myself up to see what was happening so I fell off my bed.

"Oof," I mumbled, as laughter started. Then I realized that it was a lone male laughing. A certain lone male.

I looked up from the ground and gave Eli, who was fully dressed, a menacing look. He continued laughing but stuck out his hand to help me up from the floor. I took it and pulled myself up, then slapped his arm. "Why would you do that?" I asked. "And where did everyone go?"

Eli and I were the only ones in the room.

"They left," he said. "They tried waking you up but you wouldn't so they decided to leave you alone."

I sighed. I had no recollection of what he was talking about, but I believed him because I was feeling strangely tired. I probably threw a fit at them.

"Hurry up and get ready, you have like five minutes," Eli said, checking the time on his phone.

"Why are you just waking me up then!" I shouted.

He backed away from me and raised his arms in surrender. "Hey, that's not fair, I just found out you were asleep."

"Uggh," I groaned and rushed to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth as quickly as I could then rushed back out. I hurriedly picked up some shorts and t-shirt, then stared at Eli who was now lying down on my bed, scrolling through his phone, humming a random song.

"What?" He asked when he noticed the look I was giving him.

"I need to change," I stated, because obviously that should be enough to tell him to leave.

He reluctantly got up off my bed and walked out, muttering about how I could have just changed in the bathroom. I smiled and shook my head then started changing at lightning speed. I didn't bother trying to tame the mess that was my hair so I just grabbed a pencil and wrapped my hair up with it. I slipped on some shoes then left the cabin.

Eli was leaning on the cabin, but when he heard the door open, he looked up at me and said, "Finally, could you move any slower," with a joking expression.

I rolled my eyes and we started running towards the field behind the Center House. When we arrived, Shirley was already explaining the days activity.

"First, we'll give you ten minutes to learn as much as you can about your partner, and not just the easy stuff like favorite color and all of that, I'm talking in depth, random things that no one ever thinks to ask. Then, after those ten minutes are up, we'll have a little competition, which I will explain when we get there," Shirley said. She looked at her watch and pressed a button. "And go!"

I turned to Eli. "How many siblings?" I asked, straight off the bat.

"Only child," he answered. "You don't have any hidden siblings, do you?"

I shook my head. "Middle name?"

"James, you?"

"Renee."

"What are your parents names?" Eli shot.

"Garrett and Marissa, you?"

"Lisa and Jonathan. What elementary, middle and high schools have you gone to?"