Chapter 17

STOP

STOP

STOP

AND GO BACK! I CHANGED THE LAST CHAPTER, AND IF YOU READ THIS BEFORE YOU READ THE EDITED VERSION OF CHAPTER 16 THINGS WILL BE A LITTLE CONFUSING AND STUPID. SO GO BACK.

I changed it because I really did not like that chapter, and although a lot of you said you loved it, a few of you agreed with me that there was just something....off, you know? So I have changed it, and although I'm not entirely happy about it, I like it better than the previous version.

And if you go back and see no change then that means you read it after I changed it and you don't need to do anything :)

Thank you.

Saturday, July 28

Eli. 

Eli. Eli. Eli.

I want Eli.

All I want is Eli.

These are the only four things that have been in my mind for the past week or so. I don't know how it  happened, but Eli became my everything. We started going to the Center House to "work on our project" more and more. To the point where we would be finished if we were actually getting any work done. 

Key word, if.

And what were we doing in the Center House when no one was there to watch us? Well, we were talking, and laughing and just having a good time while we tried to pretend that there wasn't something going on between us. Every once in a while, we would accidentally do something that friends do not do, but it wasn't often. We only kissed like three times. And they were all accidents and we felt really bad after.

It was like we were a couple without all the benefits.

But, we had decided that we should not be together officially because it just wouldn't work out. Plus, Eli and Kelsey were good together, no matter how much it pained me to admit it. 

Plus, even if Kelsey and Eli did break up before the summer ended, we wouldn't be able to do anything about it. We had like two weeks left of camp, and Kelsey was smart enough to know that if Eli and I got together before camp ended, something had been going on.

It was just... easier this way.

"We're finished!" Alessa shouted in my ear, interrupting me from my thoughts.

"With what?" I asked and rubbed my ear. There was no need to get that close.

"Our piece," She said. "Linda and I just finished it."

"Oh," I said. Eli and I really needed to get cracking. We were entering the procrastination zone.

"You and Eli have finished right?" Alessa asked and sat down on her bed.

I paused. "Not quite," I finally said. "But we're getting there."

She raised her eyebrow at me. "So in other words you've done basically nothing," she said with a smirk.

I turned around on my bed and faced the wall. "No," I lied.

She didn't say anything for a while, but finally she spoke up again. "You're so screwed, Lace," she said and walked out of the cabin. And I had a feeling she knew more than I thought she did.