Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Monday, July 10

After classes, Alessa, Bianca, Kelsey and I had come to the cabin, resolving to have a quiet, peaceful, afternoon with no interruptions. Maybe we would read, maybe we would actually attempt to hook up the tv that one of us had brought years ago but never had the mojo to actually use, or maybe we would just sit and talk. The choice was ours.

Or so we thought.

"Okay, Lace, who keeps calling your phone?" Kelsey asked.

Alessa sat up on her bed and rolled her eyes. "Her asshole of an ex, Michael," she says. "He hasn't left her alone since they broke up, and he apparently wants her back. God, I wouldn't even be surprised if he showed up at the camp himself."

I cringed. "Please don't say that, you're testing fate."

"Why did you guys break up?" Kelsey asked.

I sighed and sat up on my bed. "He cheated on me. And I realized after we broke up that it wasn't even a one time thing, it had probably been going on for weeks."

"I hate cheaters, I think that's the worst thing you could do in a relationship to be honest," Kelsey said.

"It really is," Bianca agreed. "If you wanna screw a different person, don't be a coward and just get out of the relationship you're already in."

I nodded along with them. "And he keeps saying it was a mistake but come on, a mistake that lasted that long? Not possible."

Alessa reached out her hand across the space between our beds and said, "Let me see what he keeps saying."

I shook my head. "He'll know when you've read the texts, so I don't read them." He didn't seem to be getting the hint however.

Alessa nodded and rolled back over on her bed, I continued reading my book, Kelsey went back to her sketchpad and Bianca kept scrolling through her phone.

"Wow, you guys are boring."

The four of us scream as we see Eli sitting on the middle of the floor. He has his legs out and his hands behind him comfortably, as if he's supposed to be there.

"How did you-"

"No one heard-"

"Eli, what the-"

"Why are you-"

We all ask a series of questions, literally baffled on how he got in here without anyone noticing, but he just smiles at us as if he's some sort of wizard.

"Hey babe," he says to Kelsey, then he turns to me, "Bestie." He looks at the twins and points to the both of them. "My look-a-likes."

"Is there actually something wrong with you?" Bianca asked as he stood up from the ground.

"I came here today to help you guys escape the boring cess pool that is your lives," he said. "Instead of just sitting around, burning daylight, why don't we have some fun with colors?"

"It depends on your definition of fun," Alessa replied and sat up. She brings her knees to her chest and sits her head on top of them, suddenly interested.

"Yeah, what do you have in mind?" Kelsey asked, showing the same interest.

"Well, my fellow artistis," Eli continued and stood up.