Chapter 6

Saturday, June 30

"Oh, yes, forgot, Kelsey's gone," Alessa said then knelt before my bed. "What was with you hugging Eli yesterday?"

I gave her a weird look. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, yeah, when he caught you in the trust lean. He said something to you too," Bianca added and gave me an expectant look.

I eyed my friends oddly. Why the sudden interrogation. It didn't mean anything.

"Guys, we'd been losing all day, I was just a little bit happy that he'd finally done something right," I said, rolling my eyes.

Honestly, I think I forgot that he was Eli. For that moment, he was Michael, before he cheated on me. I'm actually ashamed of myself, I shouldn't be thinking of Michael at all.

"Well, you looked pretty comfortable in his arms, and he looked happy that you were there," Alessa said with a small smirk.

"I don't think that we should be talking about this since he's on a mock date with his girlfriend as we speak," Then I turned to Bianca. "And what about you and Levi, you two seem to be getting comfortable around each other."

"I don't even like him like that," She said.

Alessa scoffed. "This morning you asked me if I've ever noticed how his hair looks in the sun," she said

I let out a loud guffaw. And she was talking about me? Eli was still a pain in the ass in my perspective, but she was thinking about Levi in weird ways.

"Really? That's terrible!" I said.

"Oh, come on, anyone could notice how it shines when the sunlight hits it at just the right angle!" Bianca protested.

We were silent for a moment before Alessa and I both burst into laughter, laughing so hard tears were coming out of our eyes.

Bianca grumbled and crawled under her covers. "I'm going to take a nap," She mumbled.

Since we were fifth years, we had more lazy days than everyone else. All we had were our classes on Monday and Thursday, "Friendship Friday," and every once in a while, they'd spring up something on the remainder days. Other than that, we could basically just work on our pieces or wander around camp with friends.

"Don't dream about Levi," I said, which started up a whole new round of stomach crunching laughter between me and Alessa.

"Okay, okay, I need to go find Eli, have fun in your dreams Bi, bye Lessa," I said and walked out of the cabin.

I trotted over to the boys side of the camp. Eli and I had hardly gotten anything done on our final piece, so we needed to work on it. He should be done with his mock date with Kelsey, I mean it's been more than an hour since she left. When I came to his cabin, I opened the door, not even bothering to knock. 

"Eli, we have to work on our piece, we haven't even been doing anything," I said, but Eli wasn't there, only Jaxon and another one of Eli's cabin members. I think his name was Nate or Nick or something. Both of them immediately backed away as soon as they saw that it was me who had opened their door.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?" I asked.

"Um, you aren't going to do anything to us, right?" Nate-Nick asked. He was leaning the farthest away from me.

Ha! They thought I was here to mess with them. "Nooo," I said slowly.

"Are you lying, Lace? We have dealt with this for a week now, and it get's tiring," Jaxon said. When I didn't say anything, he turned to Nate-Nick and said, "She's lying, I betcha."