Eight

-:-:-:-Y/N POV-:-:-:-

I woke up in the same room that Dream had me in before he sent me to L'manberg. I didn't bother moving, as I am very sore. Not just from the arrow shot wound, but probably from Eret slamming me against a fucking tree.

Eret.

I remember the way he looked at me while I was begging for him to let me go. He showed a face of mercy. It's like he wanted to let me go, but he knew he couldn't. His eyes were sad, like he was remembering something painful. If he wasn't a complete douche, maybe I'd feel sorry for him. Why didn't he just let me go? It would be easier for him without me around.

Dream must be furious. Eret definitely told him that I was trying to escape. I'm going to have to deal with him if he ever comes up.

I finally sit up and realize that my head hurts like hell. Eret must've knocked me out so that I wouldn't fight to get away from him. Asshole.

I try standing up. It hurts like hell, but I manage to stabilize myself. I make myself over to the closet, to see if there is anything to change into. I'm in the same clothes that I was in before I even went to L'manberg. I really need to shower.

I start grabbing clothes out to get changed into, and I hear footsteps. Then the door opens.

Dream.

"You're awake." is all he says. He doesn't have his usual sarcastic tone. He actually seems disappointed, maybe even upset.

"Yup." I replied. We stare at each other for a few moments until I break the awkward silence.

"Is there anywhere I can shower?" I asked.

"Yeah, right next door." Dream pointed out the door and to the right. I grabbed the clothes I wanted, and walked past Dream. He turned in my direction and grabbed a hold of my wrist.

"Be careful while washing those cuts." Dream suggests. He looks me up and down, and I realize how close we are. He isn't smirking, he actually looks like he is being serious. I stare at him, wondering when he'll let my wrist go.

"Okay." I gulped. He then stared at me a few more moments before he finally let go of my wrist.

I gulped again as I made my way into the hallway. I walked next door like he said, and I opened the door.

I saw towels on a shelf next to the sink. I set my clothes down, and started undressing. Usually when I see Dream, I'm not that scared, because his sarcastic attitude kind of lightens the mood. But just now, he wasn't trying to hurt me or anything, but being so close to him made me feel something in my body. It wasn't fear, though?

I thought about it even more as I stepped into the shower, but my thoughts of him were interrupted when the water hit my wound and I yelled without meaning to. Fuck, that hurt. Dream said to be careful, but I didn't think it was going to hurt that bad.

"Y/N? Are you okay?!" Dream asked as I heard him burst into the bathroom.

"I'm fine!" I replied, trying to hide the pain.

"I told you to be careful, you idiot." he chuckled. I rolled my eyes.

"You're annoying." I returned a laugh.

I heard the bathroom door shut, and I was alone again. I started thinking about how everything got all fucked up. Showers do that to you, they make you think about things. So that's what I'll do. I'll think, with only the presence of the water to comfort me.

Both Tommy and Dream had asked me the same question: "Where did you come from?". They both thought that when I didn't answer, that I was avoiding the question. But the truth is, I wasn't avoiding it, I honestly don't know the answer. I don't remember anything from when I was a kid. I don't remember my parents, I don't remember where I was born or where I came from.