Thirteen

!!TW: Violence!!
-:-:-:-Dream POV-:-:-:-

"They're here."

I stared down towards the ground and the anger that has been hidden deep down finally comes out. I pull my sword out, and Y/N turns toward me, an unreadable expression on her face.

"Wait, it doesn't make sense. Why would they be so loud?" Y/N questions.

"Because they're idiots." I reply, letting my anger push me to walk toward the stairs. I want to crush them so desperately.

Y/N jumps in front of me. She seems...scared, but she's definitely trying to hide it. She tries to seem angry, but her fear shines through.

"What if they're being smart?" she suggests.

Normally, I would take this into consideration. They've always had terrible plans in the past, but they could always switch up and have a really good plan this time. But since my anger is taking over most of my body, I don't think about it at all, I push past her.

"Dream! Think this through before you get yourself killed!" she shouts, and I can hear her holding back tears. She was so ready to fight, I don't know what happened. Now she seems scared, almost like she's feeling guilty. But once again, I let my anger take hold.

"You know what? You can't tell me to think anything through! Here you are, supposed to be fighting with me, but why should I trust you? I know nothing about your past, and for all I know, you could be plotting to kill me!"

After those harsh sentences fall out of my mouth, Y/N's faked anger from before turns into real anger, and I'll admit, it's scary.

"Dream, you know that's not true. I would never hurt you." she replies.

"Right, you ran away because we're friends, right? You're full of shit." I chuckled, even though this situation was anything but funny.

I want to stop. I want to tell her I'm sorry, I want to tell her that I want her by my side. That even after all of this, I still want her to be here with me.

I want to tell her I love her.

"Dream, come on. We can talk about this later," she pleads, "Please?"

"Fine." is all I say before I rush down the stairs of the watchtower. Voices get louder, and Y/N catches up to me.

We don't say anything as we make our way to the front of my base. If Tommy wants to fight, he'll get a fight, and it'll be his last one. But now I remember, Y/N wanted to be the one to kill Tommy, and if that's what she really wants, I'm fine with it.

"I'm going to go to the back entrance, they could enter there and we need to be ready." Y/N says, putting a hand on my shoulder, as to comfort me. I nod and walk away, her hand falling to her side as I do so.

I can worry about her after, but right now...I need to focus on killing each and every one of them.

-:-:-:-Y/N POV-:-:-:-

What is up with Dream today? He's acting irrationally, today is not the day to argue, but of course he picked this day out of all days. I wish he would explain why exactly he's angry with me. He thinks that I tried to escape because I didn't like him.

Well, I guess that was true.

But it's not anymore, right? He's been really nice to me, and I don't hate or dislike him at all. I don't understand why he cares if I dislike him or not though, because after this is all done he's going to get rid of me anyway. At least, that's what I think he'll do. I've never really asked him about what happens after all of this.