Food (Donald)

When Kingsley's family first took him in, Donald ate so much he got himself sick.

He had been offered a plate piled high with food. Donald had been hesitant to accept it first but eventually dug in. He eventually got full, but there was still a lot of food left on his plate. He didn't want to waste it. If he didn't eat it, it'd go into the trash.

Donald didn't want to waste food. He didn't know if he'd be able to eat this much again. He didn't know if the Kwan's really did intend to have him become part of their family. If they kicked him out or tried to sell him to some black market...

He'd run and be living on the streets again. He'd be forced to sift through garbage and manage to eat barely enough to survive.

Even though he was completely stuffed, he continued shoveling food into his mouth. 

He then threw up.

Mom Kwan and Dad Kwan were quick to help him and clean him up. They told him that he didn't have to force himself to eat if he was full.

They let him choose his own portion for the next meal, but he ended up overfilling his plate because he was still worried about starving on the streets. He didn't completely trust them yet and was still cautious of them kicking him out or trying to sell him off to some creep.

So, Mom Kwan and Dad Kwan gave Donald smaller portions. If he was still hungry, he could add more food. They made sure to keep an eye on him so he didn't eat so much that he got sick again.

After a couple weeks, Donald finally understood that these three people could be trusted. As long as he lived with them, he'd never go hungry and always have a warm bed to sleep in.