Chapter Six

A Trip Down The Memory Lane Kai and I started to get to know each other better. It was the days after prom and before the holidays in which we bonded the most.

For the first time I had actually felt free because I had a friend other than Olivia. While she was spending all her time with Levi, I got to spend mine with Kai.

I found Kai as a nice distraction from the unknown jealousy I got when I was alone.

One disadvantage was that the story of what happened at the prom - Kai intentionally spilling his punch on Chloe.

A rumor had also started that Kai and I were dating and I had manipulated him into doing so.

Olivia knew that we weren't together but agreed we'd be a cute couple. All I had wanted with Kai was a friendship.

"Hey," I sigh, throwing myself on one of the sofas in the library. Kai looked up from his Physics textbook with a grin.

"So, how was the test?" He asks.

"I'd say I got decent marks," I mumble," But I hate Biology so much, it just doesn't seem to interest me."

"I'm sure you'll like it one day. It's a fascinating subject, really."

I just shrug and get my library book out. It was a free period for the two of us, so we'd usually meet up in the library to study. As I had just had a test, I felt it was best to do something that released stress.

"He looked at me the whole time and I swear we're going to get married now-!" Someone giggled loudly. I look to see who it is and my eyebrow immediately raises.

"Be quiet girls, this is a library!" The librarian whispers loudly enough to get everyone's attention.

Chloe gave her a disgusted face smirking and walking towards us. The librarian scoffed before going back to typing ridiculously fast and noisily.

We had managed to avoid Chloe at all costs. It was pretty obvious she was the one spreading rumors so people feel bad for her. But now we'd have to sit, listening to her threatening us for almost ruining her reputation.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the nerd and the guy who couldn't have a much more worse taste in girls." Her two friends standing behind her whispered at us.

I glanced at Kai to see that he has curled his hands into a fist.

"You were the worst taste I ever had Chloe," He said. I raised an eyebrow.

I wouldn't have expected Kai to say that. Every guy is head over heels for Chloe and anyone would admit she's the prettiest.

"But, no regrets that I dated you," Kai said shrugging,"At least I won't make that mistake again."

Chloe tilted her head to the left with a smirk,"You'll regret it. You'll regret moving on from me so quickly. If you can't be with me, you can't be with anyone else. I'll make your lives miserable!"

"Leave us alone," I mumbled, finally mustering up a bit of courage.

"Especially yours!" She spat.

"Chloe!" The librarian yelled, walking towards. "I will have to ban you from coming in here for a week."

Chloe rolled her eyes and said sassily,"It's not like I read anyways. Come on girls."

The three of them catwalked out of the room

"Honestly these girls are such a headache..." The librarian began her usual talking to herself as she walked back to her desk.