Chapter Eight

Trip Down The Memory Lane straight to my first date with Kai. It didn't happen for weeks because Kai wanted to take it slow and I wasn't committed enough.

Each day I had tried to wake up, trying to feel excited, I had my first boyfriend - but why did it feel weird?

Olivia reassured me that it was an initial feeling that made it worse because of the amounts of talks that had started at school.

There were only positive comments floating around Kai except for the thoughts in my head. I learned to ignore them, soon, in order to try and have the best times of my life.

Kai never told me where we were going. He just told me to were something comfortable and casual and he'd be there to pick me up at ten. After thorough searching, trying different outfits and arguing with Olivia on a call for an hour, I had worn black leggings and a dark green, silky, long-sleeved t-shirt that had been tucked in from the front. I had a side purse that would contain some money and my phone.

I stepped afar in order to get a better look at myself in the mirror. Olivia gave out a gasp from my phone that lay near the mirror.

"Kai's going to be head over heels for you," She said, her hands crossed, and smirking. An unstoppable smile shone on my face.

I took in a deep breath in and did a small twirl. "Any last minute tips I should keep in mind?" I asked.

"I don't think there's anything new," She began, "Just remember, Compliment him after he compliments you, laugh at his jokes no matter what, but one thing who must make sure - you're playing hard to get - guys love that."

I gave a nod and a thumbs up before glancing at the clock. If Kai was going to be spot on about time, he was going to arrive in two minutes. "I should get going," I said, walking near to the phone.

"Okay, good luck. OH AND REMEMBER, ACCEPT HIS HOODIE-," She yelled as I cut the call on her.

She's cute.

I slipped my phone into my purse and made my way downstairs.

"You cannot go to university, you have to inherit our business," Father's stern voice could be heard, at each step it increased.

"But, dad, I want to become a pilot. I don't want to do anything related to Business!"

"The same thing over and over. You were stupid as a kid, but we let that go. You're grown now, you should be mature enough to understand that you will not go to fly some planes and ruin our family's name!"

I stood at the bottom of the stairs, watching Levi and father argue. Father looked past Levi and noticed me.

"And where are you going?" He spat. Kai turned to look at me, his face was emotionless.

"Out with a friend, I'll be back soon," I mumbled before walking out the house door.

The cool breeze hit my face, making my hair fly a bit. To my left, car lights could be seen coming my way. I smiled and walked down the path. Levi had parked himself and gotten out to greet me when I had stopped walking.

He had worn blue jeans and a black hoodie that had something written in Korean on it. "You look stunning," He complimented, pulling me in for a hug.

"I'm flattered," I whisper, before complimenting his outfit.

"Shall we get going?" He asked. I nodded 'yes' and he led me to the other side of the car, opening the door for me. I giggled a bit at how professional this was, making him smile at me as he closed the door.

As I put my seatbelt on and Kai started the car, I glanced back once more at my house and noticed a figure staring out the window. You could tell it was Levi because of the 'leaning on the window' posture he stood in.

Questions ran through me, but I pushed them all at the back of my head as Kai began driving away.

"So, where are we going?" I questioned him.

"That, is a surprise, m'lady," He said, sending a quick wink in my direction. I blushed at the nickname and quickly looked away so he wouldn't catch my red face. H let out a laugh.

"Shut up, Kai," I whined, making him laugh a bit more.

"Oh, you're so adorable," He mumbled, taking a turn and parking. We had passed all the rich and fancy houses - after which, was an open area that grass everywhere. It was a dark area since no one wanted an unused area of land to be noticed in a beautiful neighborhood.

Kai quickly got out of his car so he could open mine. This was going to take some getting use to.

"Why did we come here," I asked, watching Kai pull out a huge basket.

I lightly gasped. I loved picnics, and he knew that. A smile plastered on my face. Kai handed me a flashlight and the both of us walked on the grass in a calming silence.

"Here, please hold this for me." Kai handed me his flashlight then reached into the basket and produced a blanket. He put the basket, laid the blanket and patted it, indicating that I should sit on it.

I watched as Kai set the flashlights on the ground so we could see each other. He also brought out blueberry scented candles and placed them on the grass. 

"I made tiramisu yesterday, would you like to taste it?" He now diverted his attention to me.

Mother always made sure you had those fancy tiramisu that came in packs, and I never really fancied them much.

I still grinned and said, "I'd love to."

Kai brough out two plates, forks and container that contained the tiramisu.

"It looks lovely," I praised.

"Just like you," Kai winked, giving me a plate. I accepted it with a red cheeks.

I picked up the fork and took a portion, sliding it into my mouth. "Oh my-" I loved it. It was cooling for my throat and so easy to chew - it was heaven.

"I'll always remember your tiramisu," I mumbled, closing my eyes in order to cherish it. Kai gave a chuckle. I ignored all m surrounding till I was done.

"Would you like some more?" He asked, "There's plenty."

I bit my lip, my mouth watering. But I was full. "Could you bring it to school on Monday? I'd love to have it again."

"Your wish is my command," He said putting our plates back. I watched him, in wonder of what he had planned next.

"Lay down on your back," Kai told me. I did, and it was wonderful. 

The stars glittered and shined as if greeting me. Each one danced, as if on a beat - it was peaceful.

"Beautiful" I whisper with a small smile.

"Very," Kai whispers back. After a few moments of silence I get the urge to look at him. I turn my head to my right side just to find him watching me.

His eyes trail down to my lips and back up. My heart begins to beat fast, knowing what he was thinking about.

I look away, hoping he understands I'm not ready. The idea of kissing him made me feel uncomfortable. Why was I hesitant to kiss someone?

The air filled with tension, I felt. It was something big I had just rejected, I feared I had done something wrong.

"We should get going now," I mumbled, standing up. Kai shifted into a shifted position with confusion written on his face. "Are you okay? Are you feeling well, is something wrong?" He questioned now standing up as well.

I just shook my head 'no', not meeting his eyes. I blew out the candles and he folded the blanket. 

I walked in a fast pace towards the car, my brain running with all kinds of emotions. Kai caught up immediately. I felt guilty. Guilty that I was unable to explain the emotions in me that concluded to my sudden change of behavior.

Something wasn't right.