Wattpad Original
There are 7 more free parts

1| Eve

Indie

I groaned, rolling over onto my stomach while Chloe shook me like she was an earthquake. "Wake up, wake up, wake up! Bitch!" 

"Chloe!" I yelled, pushing her off, smiling to myself when she landed on her ass. 

She grabbed a pillow, ready to smack me but then threw it on the bed. "It's your birthday eve so I won't do anything," she huffed. "Let's go." 

"Where?" I whined. 

"We have class in fifteen minutes; if we don't leave now, we'll be late!" 

"Stop yelling!" I sat up, grabbing my claw clip and twisting my hair into a bun. 

"Change, hurry," she ordered. 

I grabbed a sundress from my closet and went into the bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth, splashed some water on my face, and then got dressed. I ran back out, leaving my hair as it was, and pulled on my converse. I grabbed my bag, which I was smart enough to pack last night, and then my keys. 

We ran out of our apartment and started walking to campus. We got lucky when we found an apartment so close to it. 

"Mr. Jeffery is going to kill us if we're late again," she mumbled, both of our walks turning into a jog. 

"Then I'll pull the birthday card," I chuckled, both of us starting to run on the sidewalk. 

We were running past our local coffee shop and diner which was named Candy's Coffee. Because the owner was an old lady named Candy. The doors opened and both Chloe and I halted so we didn't get hit in the face. I huffed, rolling my eyes when I saw who it was. 

"Hey, Chloe." Reece smiled at her. "Indigo." He smirked at me. He was the only person in the world who called me that. 

"We're late, sorry." Chloe grabbed my hand and pulled me around him. 

I groaned when he grabbed my arm, pulling me back. I looked at Chloe pleadingly. 

"I'm going, sorry," she said quickly before running ahead. 

I spun around to face him. "What?" 

"Pretty dress. Who's it for?" 

"You." 

"Haha. Need a ride?" he asked, lifting his brows at me while sipping on his coffee. 

"From you?" 

He shook his head. "We live in the same neighborhood, it's a walk to campus. I'm not driving, I'm just asking if you need a ride." He smirked. 

I glared at him, smacking the coffee cup out of his hand. 

He stared at the spilled coffee, frowning. "That was rude." 

I threw his hand off of me and shot him a glare. "No use crying over spilled coffee." I turned around and started running again, swiping my ID card at the entrance and running into campus, stumbling into the room right behind Mr. Jeffery. "Sorry," I said, catching my breath and climbing up the stairs, taking the spot beside Chloe. 

"You made it," she teased. 

"You left me, traitor," I scoffed, taking out my notebook. 

While Mr. Jeffery set up his laptop, I checked my schedule for the day. As a university student in Boston, my day usually revolved around my classes. I was studying creative writing and business. On top of that, I took psychology for extra credit. My classes were never more than five a day and that day, I had business, psychology, and English literature. In that order. I had different classes for each of those. Marketing, literature, stuff like that.