Wattpad Original
There are 4 more free parts

4| Complex

Reece

The doorbell rang twice and I looked away from the TV and at the door. Whiskey lifted his head off my leg and looked at the door too. I turned the TV off and stood up with a sigh, throwing the cushion back on the couch. I pulled my slides on and the doorbell rang three more times. 

"Hold the fuck on!" I called out, picking up Whiskey and taking him with me so he wouldn't run out when I opened the door. The doorbell rang another two times and I rolled my eyes. I walked over and unlocked it, pulling it open. "Hello there, Indigo." I smirked, checking her out. 

She blinked twice, staring at the puppy in my hands. "Since when do you have a dog?" 

Has it really been that long since she came here with Landon? 

She shook her head, bringing her attention back to me. 

"Indigo?" 

She scoffed, "I never should have told you I was born with that name." 

I scanned her face and then realized she was here in regards to Landon. "Your boyfriend isn't here." 

"I know." She nodded. "And I know where he is." She folded her arms across her chest and I willed myself not to let my eyes wander. 

I looked at her questioningly. "He told you?" 

"No, Chloe saw him leaving the diner with another girl." 

"Maybe it was his cousin," I snorted. 

"Reece." 

I pulled my phone out of my pocket when it dinged. The time read midnight, exactly, and the reminder— Indigo's birthday— was flashing under it. I tucked it back into my pocket and looked back at her. "Happy birthday." 

"It's tomorrow," she said slowly. 

I shook my head, showing her the screen. "It's midnight." I put my phone away again and then looked at her outfit one more time. "Tell me something." 

She rolled her eyes, looking around the hallway. 

"Was your plan to give him sex on your birthday?" 

"Are you only asking me that because of the dress?" 

I nodded. "Take it as a compliment, though; you look hot." 

"I look hot when I want to look hot for myself. Not your asshole of a friend." 

"I keep telling you, he isn't my friend." 

"He calls you his best friend, Reece," she said. She always liked to say that in an argument. 

I shrugged. "Not my problem." 

She shifted her weight from one foot to the other. 

"So, you dumped him yet?" I asked, leaning against the door frame. 

She shook her head. "I haven't even called him yet. And I don't plan to. Are you going to make me stand in the hallway forever?" 

"My bad. Come on in." I stepped aside and put Whiskey down, letting her in. I shut the door behind her, watching her as she stood there, staring at Whiskey. "Indigo." 

She looked up at me. 

"You can hold him." I nodded. 

She broke into a smile and scooped him up immediately, walking to the couch and sitting down like she owned the place. 

"You want a drink?" I offered, sitting beside her. 

She shook her head. 

I watched her for a minute while she played with Whiskey. "So... Why exactly are you here out of all places?" I asked, turning my body to face hers.