Chapter 32

I stood up at astronomy tower staring down at the grounds. I had passed my apparition test with flying colors even with everything that had happened that day. I was still reeling from all the information in my head. Draco hadn't asked me what happened but I knew he did. I had told him when I was ready to tell him I would. He had respectfully told me that alright and he would be ready to listen when I was ready to talk to him. I sighed as I heard footsteps. I turned to see Blaise coming up the stairs. 

"Hey." I said. 

"Figured I find you up here. I couldn't find Draco, he probably heard Katie Bell came back." Blaise said. My head whipped around. 

"Wait who came back?" I asked. Blaise stepped up so he was beside me leaning against the railing.

"Katie Bell came back a few days ago. The girl who was cursed by the necklace that Potter thought Draco gave her." He said, rolling his eyes. I swallowed nervously and turned back out to look out at the sky.

"Don't tell me you believe your friend now too over your boyfriend." He sneered. I shook my head and looked at him with a glare.

"No, I believe Draco, thank you very much. I just don't think her being back is going to be good. Harry will probably bug her until she says something about who attacked her. Who knows he could just bug her until she says his name under duress. You would not believe what people will say when they're pressured enough." I muttered. Blaise stared at me and studied me. 

"You're really scared that Draco will be blamed for it, aren't you?" He asked. I nodded.

"I don't need anything happening to him." I muttered. Blaise nodded at me. We stood there for a moment in silence and I sighed before rubbing my eyes.

"Have you been okay?" Blaise asked. I nodded. 

"Yeah, why you ask?" I asked. He shrugged. 

"Every since you saw Dumbledore you've been off." He said. I just shrugged.

"Yeah, I'm fine it's just...there's a lot to process." I said. He just glanced over to me and studied. I shook my head. Then I thought for a moment and turned to stare at Blaise. I started to chew on the inside of my mouth as I picked at my nails. Blaise stared at me.

"Well, whatever it is I think you should stop worrying about it. Draco's been worried because you won't talk to him either." He said. I shrugged. 

"It's not like any of you would understand what it is Zabini." I snapped. He looked at me taken aback. I sighed and rubbed at my eyes.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. I just-no one would understand. It's family things, that no one knows about but me now. I've been lied to by so many people about so many things. I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything." I muttered as I rubbed at my temples. He sighed. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" He murmured. 

"I just I was shown a side of my family that I never thought was possible. I saw how my parents met, how my dad was after he met my mom and how she shaped the person he was when he got older, and who their friends were. I was shocked. It's made me question everything." I said. Blaise just stared at me and I sighed. He nodded and that's when I heard footsteps. We both turned around to see Draco's head appear around the corner.

"I thought I'd find you up here." He murmured. He had his hands in his pockets and he was pale.

"You alright mate? You look sick." Blaise commented. Draco gave a quick nod.

"Yeah, fine." He said. Draco stared at me.

"You alright? Because that didn't sound like you were okay." He murmured. I shrugged.