All Becomes Clear

"I told you. I bloody told you!" your voice raised, slamming your hands on the kitchen table.

10am the following morning, everyone except Molly and Arthur -who were out grocery shopping- gathered around the kitchen table tucking into some breakfast, although you weren't hungry in the slightest.

The look on Fred's face resembled a child who had just been berated, cheeks sheepishly splashed pink, head in his hands staring at the breakfast plate before him. Hermione had barely touched her food, almost as sick to her stomach as you were.

"If you had just listened to me, for once!" you couldn't help but let all of your frustration go. You were angry with George when he finally snapped out of his trance but Fred was another story, sadly he had a face you wanted to punch.

You recognised, though, that it wasn't their fault the way they had acted. No matter how furious you were with them, in the end they had no control.

"I've said I'm sorry" he mumbled, still not taking his eyes away from his plate of bacon and eggs that was growing cold.

Last night after you wiped the elixir from his nose, Fred automatically begged for an apology. You said nothing more, heading upstairs to Ginny's room where a makeshift bed of multiple blankets was made up for you. George slept soundly on the couch, barely disturbed by the quarrel in the kitchen.

Even then you didn't sleep a wink, the hurt and the worry only expanded. All you could think about was her. How she was hurting those you cared about, twisting their minds, manipulating their behaviour.

And for what reason?

A reason was the one thing you couldn't figure out, no matter how hard you tried. Was she doing it for fun?

Harry and Ginny were quietly sipping on their orange juice, side-eying one another as they watched you lose your cool to the highest extent.

"Will you stop shouting? Ahh my head" Ron groaned, leaning his left cheek & brow bone into the palm of his hand, still nursing a splitting headache. You wanted to pounce over the table and strangle him, pacing back and forth beside your chair.

"It's simple then, we go and talk to the Ministry. They were only here last night" Ron groaned as if the course of action was clear as day. Hermione flashed him a glare, "Honestly Ronald, we have no evidence against her. At the moment, it's her word against ours" she huffed.

"Not to mention her father is an officer in the investigation department" Ginny added, "Judging by the way he was last night, he won't believe a single word against her".

As you left Fred in the kitchen the previous night, you heard him insist that he couldn't remember a thing, exactly the same as what happened to George. Leaving the two of them as spare parts, if they couldn't remember anything then how could they plead a case?

Hermione gripped the hair at the front of her head by the roots, ruffling her chocolate curls amidst an aggravated sulk.

"Did any of you listen to Juliet yesterday? When she was talking to Mr and Mrs Weasley?" asked Harry, close to choking on a mouthful of eggs at his realisation.

"No", you answered coldly. As blunt as your answer was, you tuned her out until she was white noise. Ron rolled his eyes, frivolously shovelling another forkful of his breakfast in his mouth, filling his cheeks.

With Harry's next words his face lit up like he had just solved a major piece of the puzzle, "She mentioned that her favourite classes were herbology, potions and divination".

Everyone stared at him blankly, George glancing up at you with a vacant expression. "So?" you said, urging him to go on.

"So" Harry said, adjusting his glasses, "Surely she'll have a book or something? Notes? You can't create an entirely new potion without notes" he finished, taking a final mouthful of his breakfast looking very pleased with his new revelation.