• Forty-Two - The Bad Boy's Back •

JESUS CHRIST I AM SO SORRY I HAD THE UPDATE THERE AND THOUGHT I'D POSTED IT OMG HERE HAVE A GIF OF 1950's MARLON BRANDO LOOKING SEXY AND TRY TO FORGIVE ME. READ AUTHORS NOTE AT THE BOTTOM FOR A SPECIAL SURPRISE SINCE IM SO BAD. ALSO, SHOUTOUT TO xXDark-AngelXx BC HER MESSAGE MADE ME REALISE THAT I HADNT POSTED THIS CHAPTER AND BC SHES A GENERALLY AWESOME READER - CAELYN XO

Avery

"Have you seen that Smoke girl? Her name's Ebony or Ivory, or something weird like that. Man, what I wouldn't give to get a piece of that ass -"

Before the prick could finish his sentence my fist collided with his jaw, smacking the grin off of his ugly face. His friends backed up.

"What was that for?" He yelled, shielding his jaw with his hands.

I said nothing, instead shaking out my already sore fist and started walking away.

"No need to be so serious, bro," his friend said. "We were just fucking talking."

I turned to face the little group of friends. "I'm not your bro. You don't look at Ebony, you don't touch her, you don't even think about her. You hear?"

"Whatever," the one I punched spat. I heard him whisper "dick head" under his breath but I just flipped him the bird as I strode off to meet Princess on the field. I didn't tell her that I'd just got into a mini-fight, but I knew she could tell from the look on her face.

"Really, Ave? What was it this time?"

"So quick to assume the worst, Princess."

"You're hiding your hand behind your back. That's the third fight this week, Ave."

"I would barely even call it a fight -"

"It was a fight. If you don't watch out these crazy Catholics will have you out the door in no time."

"Oh come on, it's no biggie."

"It is." She took my sore hand and softly ran her thumb over the bruised knuckles. "Who knew bad boy Avery would make a comeback so soon?"

"What do you mean?" I defended. "I was always a bad boy."

"You've got to admit you got a bit soft at one point," she said. "And you didn't have your motorbike for the last like, month."

"Well Jennifer's back, and so is the bad boy."

I never ended up telling her why I'd gotten into another fight, or any that week for that matter, and she never found out because I guess she just let it slide. She didn't deserve to see my anger, but I couldn't help but punch someone when I heard someone talking rudely about her.

For some reason guys had started to notice how attractive she was and I didn't like it. Not one bit.
__________________________

Ebony

I awoke to my phone vibrating in my pillow case and hastily answered it.

"Hello?" I sleepily asked, noting that whoever it was, was ringing me at five in the morning. "Is everything alright?"

"Everything's fine, Princess. But I do advise that you dress warmly and meet me at the end of the gates in five."

"What? Why do you seem to be the only person who rings me in the middle of the night?" I was having a very difficult debate in my head about whether I liked Avery or sleep more.

"Because I'm the only one you won't kill for waking you up, and also I want to show you something."

"Just send a picture. It's 5 AM. On a Thursday. We have school in a few hours." I said, trying to get my point across without waking Mandy up.