69

Chapter 69 : Versus An Ancient Monster

What came out of the Black Gate that Princess Marian created was a humanoid monster with a dragon head.

It looked like a lizardman, but its size was a lot bigger.

How big, you ask?
It seems to be roughly five times as tall as me!

「D, Dragoon…!?」(Marian)

Princess Marian looked at the monster with her eyes open wide.

Dragoon, she said?
I have heard that name.
It was one of the ‘ancient weapons’ used in the great war of the gods.

Originally, a Dragoon is a human soldier who fights while riding a dragon.
However, Org, the god of alteration, had an idea to combine human and dragon together into one being because he thought it would be more convenient that way.
Thus, forbidden creatures called ‘Dragoons’ were born.

They were strong creatures that were created only to fight.
The only thing in their heads was killing and destroying their enemies.

It is said that Org, the creator himself, was unable to control them, and he decided to seal the Dragoons forever.

「Why the hell did this thing come out of my Black Gate!?」(Marian)

Princess Marian looked so confused.

She didn’t know how she ended up summoning that ancient monster with her own magic.

However, I feel like I know the reason.

「Princess, the magic you used is not sealing magic. Your Black Gate was actually teleportation magic.」(Hanna)

「Huh…? The hell are you talking about? I can’t use that kind of magic!」(Marian)

「I mean, ‘you have become able to use it’. You have been exposed to the high concentration of magical power in this labyrinth since you entered, right? Maybe that’s why your magic went out of control and ended up summoning the Dragoon that had been sealed in this labyrinth.」(Hanna)

「……Then… the one who teleported us was…」(Marian)

「Yes. I’m sure you accidentally teleported us to the bottom layer because your magic went out of control when you were sleeping.」(Hanna)

Princess Marian is good at barrier magic and sealing magic.
Both are magic you can do by manipulating or interfering with specific spaces.

Then, what about teleportation magic?

Even though I was expelled from school, I was once a student, so I have learned about magic.

You can do teleportation magic by connecting the space you are in with another space.

I can’t feel it but I know that this labyrinth is filled with a tremendous amount of magical power from this huge magic stone, and that power must have brought out Princess Marian’s hidden potential.

However, she couldn’t control her new power which had just awakened.
That’s why she unconsciously teleported me and herself to the bottom layer and summoned a Dragoon.

No… Maybe her subconscious wanted this situation to happen?

In order to avenge Galle-chan’s death, she had to be alone with me.
And the Dragoon she summoned looked like it wanted to kill me so badly.

GUUOOOOOOOOOOOOーー!!!

The entire hall shook violently from the Dragoon’s scream.

「Ughh…! Looks like it’s ready to kill me…」(Hanna)