Chapter 2

Jake's POV
I sat down at a table in the cafeteria during lunch that no one else was sitting at. Since we decided to meet up at Haily's house after school for practice we decided not to meet up during lunch. Haily and Shawn were working on some stuff for the upcoming band competition we'd decided to join. Luke had decided to try and confess to Zander so they were off doing their own thing, and Milly had lunch detention, so I was left by myself. I started eating when I heard a tray plop down at my table. I looked up in shock to see Drew and his 2 friends. I started shaking a little and just looked down while eating.
"So music freak" I heard Drew say, "Where are your freak friends?"
"They're not freaks...." I mumbled.
"Well at least you're willing to admit you are one" Drew smirked as he took a bite of his burger.
We sat in silence for a few minutes when I finally got the courage to ask, "What do you guys even want?"
"Yeah Drew what are we even doing here?" the green haired boy who I think is named Henry asked.
Drew cleared his throat, "Leave the music freaks"
"W-WHAT?! Why would I do that?"
"You clearly have more potential then just writing songs"
I was silent for a moment then I stood up and grabbed my tray, "I'm sorry but they're my friends and I enjoy doing it. I'd rather be unpopular doing something I enjoy than being popular and bullying people" I walked away and threw away the rest of my food and put away my empty tray. I shoved my hands in my pockets and decided to take a walk around campus before having to get back to class. I ended up on the roof and saw Daisy up there.
"Oh hey Jake" she waved at me. I waved back and sat down next to her.
"Are you ok Jake?"
I sighed and explained what had just happened, and even explained how I was pretty sure I like Drew.
"Oh, I'm sorry Jake. That was really brave of you to stand up for your friends though."
"Thanks Daisy....but I just don't get it, why would he ask me? I'm just a no one......."
"You aren't a no one Jake, you sing really great, maybe he's just jealous of you"
"He'd be the first...."
"He is a bit of a jerk though.....why do you like him?"
"I don't know he's just kinda cute not gonna lie.........but he'd never-"
I heard the door open. I looked up quickly. My face turned bright pink. There right before me was Drew