Chapter 8

Jake's POV
The next day I headed off to school. I was still so shocked from yesterday. I was kinda excited to see Drew again but I had no idea how I was gonna react to seeing him. I got to school and I saw Henry and Liam talking out front of the school. I didn't see Drew though. I walked over to them.
"Hey have you seen Drew anywhere?" I asked.
"Oooh you worried about your boyfriend?"Henry teased.
"Just shut up you guys!" I blushed, "Do you know where he is though?"
"No we haven't seen him" Liam said.
I sighed, "Ok thanks" I walked away and towards the school and into my first period class room. I saw Hailey and Zander in the back of the classroom.
I walked over to them, "Hey guys what's-"
"Is it true?!" Hailey asked quickly
"Is what true?"
"You were hanging out with Drew yesterday?"
"........Yeah...."
"Why the hell would you do that?" Zander asked.
"We were working on something"
"What were you working on?"
".........umm a group project" I lied.
"You guys have 3 classes together and there are no group projects in any of them." Hailey commented, "So what were u really doing?"
"We were.....doing stuff with singing and stuff"
Zander started laughing ironically, "Yeah and I'm not gay."
"...It's true guys. He's actually really good at singing."
"Well until you can figure out a way to prove that to us, you are kicked out of the music club," Haliey said.
"Wait what?!"
"It's only fair, your hanging out with someone who bullies us and who knows what that means about u"
"................so you don't trust me? Ok I get it...I'll talk to you guys later then..." I walked away. I couldn't believe them. Just cause I was hanging out with Drew doesn't mean I'm a bully. I sighed and sat down and my seat. Since I still had time before school actually started, I pulled out my head phones and started listening to music. Music was my way of getting away from the world. A way to drown out my feelings. A way I could express myself freely. I started humming along with the tune.
"What song is that?" I heard someone ask.
I paused my music and looked up and saw Daisy, "Oh it's just a random song on my playlist."
"Oh cool! How many songs do you have on your playlist?"
"Like 300"
"Oh wow you really like music"
I pulled the headphones off my head and put them around my neck, "Yeah it's how I like to express myself."
"Oh that's nice"
There was a slight silence between us for a little.
"So umm what happened yesterday with Drew?"
"Oh umm we were just talking about...stuff..."
"Ok....I was just wondering cause he kinda just threw you off to the side and looked like he was gonna hurt you and I didn't know how to help"
"Yeah everythings fine."
"Ok.... Well Ima go sit down see ya later Jake" She walked over to her seat and sat down. I went back to listening to music till I heard the bell ring. I took off my head phones and put them in my backpack and put my phone in my pocket. A bunch of students walked in, including Liam, and Henry, but no Drew. I wondered what had happened. I was really worried.
A few minutes passed by like a normal school day when all of a sudden Drew walked in the door. He had an eye patch of his left eye and looked to be bandaged up a lot.
"Sorry I'm late" He handed a tardy slip to Miss. Jones. Then quickly sat down.
I was worried he looked really beaten up and looked like he didn't get much sleep ethier.

Drew's POV
I didn't get much sleep last night because of my stupid brother. Not only did he beat me up non stop last night, he locked me out of the house all night. I don't even know why he's home. Ugh he's just gonna make my life worse. I wasn't paying attention and in no time the first period was over. I stood up and walked out of the classroom.
"Drew!" I turned and saw Jake running towards me.
"What's up?"
"Are you ok?"
I bit my lip, "Yeah I'm fine...."
"Ur pretty beat up and you look tired......are you sure you're fine?"
"........I'll tell you at lunch...."
He nodded, "O-Ok...."
"I'll see you in science then..."
"Ok see you then"
I walked over to my next period and waited for class to start. Again like the first period I wasn't really paying attention to what was going on. I just wanted this day to end and my brother to go back to wherever he'd come from. I didn't need him to walk in and make my life worse.
"Drew!"
I quickly looked up, "Uhh yeah?"
"I've been calling your name for the past minute," my teacher complained.
"I'm sorry"
"I'm guessing since you weren't paying attention you should know the answer to number 4"
I looked at the white board. It was literally a simple square root.
"The square root of 546 is 23.36664289109""
No one was shocked all that much. I've always been really good at math so no one was surprised I figured it out that quickly.
"Good job Drew"
After that I was only partially paying attention then I headed off to 3rd period which was science. I walked in and I was the first one. After everyone trickled in, our teacher told us to pick a partner for a science experiment. Liam paired with Henry, Zander with Luke, Lia with Zoey, and other pairs I wasn't really paying attention to but I ended up being with Jake. I mean I wasn't complaining but I was scared he was gonna ask me about why I was beaten up. I told him I'd tell him at lunch but the truth is, I was gonna quickly eat and run into the bathroom and hide from him. I couldn't tell him. Not yet I couldn't.
Me and Jake chose a table next to Henry and Liam and I heard Henry ranting about how Lia hasn't responded to any of his recent texts.
"I told you, stop sending her My Hero Academia memes" Liam groaned.
"Geez you're still going after Lia?" I asked.
"Yeah of course, she's so cute~"
I stared at Liam, he looked so sad and was 100% fake smiling.
"Hey Henry," I smirked, "Would you ever consider being gay?"
"Uhhhh I mean I guess?" He blushed, "W-Why?"
"No reason~" He totally was hiding the fact he liked Liam.