Chapter 5

Jake's POV
I sat down in the cafeteria the next day and quickly ate my food. I put my tray away and quickly checked the time.
"12:31" I thought as I looked at the time, "Frick I hope I'm not too late" I quickly ran to the music room. Opened the door and saw everyone there except Luke. I thought I was supposed to sing for him.
"Hailey, do you know where Luke is?"
"No I haven't seen him yet today"
"Ok thanks"
The door opened and in walked Luke, "Hey guys sorry I'm late"
"It's ok Luke just glad to see you're here," Haliey smiled.
"Jake umm can you......."
"Yeah do you have the lyrics?"
Luke nodded, "Sean can I send you some music to play really quick?"
"Sure thing" Shean opened his computer. Luke handed me a piece of paper and pulled out his phone. Sean's computer buzzed.
"Ok I got the music, but what is this for anyway?"
"Oh I wrote a song last night and wanted Jake to sing it for me"
"You wrote a song?" Zander asked.
"Uhhh yeah..."
"O-oh"
Zander looked kinda sad after hearing that. I was confused but I just rolled with it. I walked over to the microphone.
"Whenever you're ready Jake"
I nodded signaling him I was ready and the music started playing.

*insert male version of Meant to Be*
Milly applauded "Way to go! Luke I didn't know you could write really good songs like that!"
"Oh it really isn't that good it was supper last minute" Luke said shyly.
"It was really good though Luke," I said smiling.
"T-thanks guys"

Zander's POV
I loved Luke's song but I was kinda sad. Luke doesn't talk to me about anything anymore. I feel like we're drifting apart, and it's my fault. I've been pushing him away and I might never get to tell him about how I'm feeling.
"S-so how did you like the song?" Luke asked me.
"Oh it was really good..."
There was an awkward silence for a little bit.
"Zander the truth is I-I.....I like-"
"Stacy?" I interrupted. I'd seen the way he'd looked at her countless times. It hurt me so badly knowing he loved her and I was just forced to sit here l hiding my feelings.
"What?! No, I don't like Stacy I like....." he stopped.
"Like who?! Huh?" I forced back tears. I was so mad at the girl. I'd known Luke for longer than her and yet he chose her not me.
"Zander.....I like you!"
I stopped "What....."
"Zander, I don't like Stacy. I like you! I know you don't like me but I just needed to-"
"I like you too Luke!" I blurted, "B-But why would you like someone like me? I'm arrogant and I tend to push people away and I'm not like Stacy-"
Then the most amazing thing ever happened. I felt so many mixed emotions in that moment. His soft lips against mine, the world around us just simply faded away. I never wanted this moment to end.
When it did Luke said, "You're also handsome, funny and extremely cute,"
I blushed, "L-Luke how could you say such embarrassing things?"
"Heh I love you Zander"
"I Love you too Luke"