04| scared

𓆰

𓆰

Ignoring Heeseung wasn't easy as I thought it would be. I couldn't hang out with Nayoung during lunch time the past two days. When he appeared through the entrance of the cafeteria, I would get up from our table and run out the exit. I knew Nayoung would suspect something eventually because today, when I sat next to her, shoving the sandwich into my mouth in a hurry so I can escape the second Heeseung showed up, she held me down by the arm.

"Nope. You're not going anywhere," She said.

"Nayoung... I need to go," I told her, trying to pull my arm away from her grasp but she held me even tighter.

"Hey my princesses," Jake greeted the both of us with the rest of the boys trailing right behind him. "Long time no see." He added upon sitting next to me, shooting me an impish smirk and I returned one to him. It's been a while since we sat together during lunch, with all of us complete as a group.

Heeseung sat right across from me, avoiding my presence for a while -obviously- and the rest settled down as well.

"It's been a while, what have you been doing these days?" Sunghoon asked and all eyes were on me. My eyes drifted on Heeseung's, feeling tensed when he kept them on mine.

"Oh uh- I've been doing work in the library," I answered which was actually true because where else would I hide during lunch time? I can't possibly stay inside a restroom stall until lunch is over. By the looks on their faces, I knew they didn't buy my response.

"Work? Seoyeon doing work?" Sunoo looked at the rest in confusion, all of them sharing the same expression on their faces.

"I never knew you were a scholar. We all know you aren't," Sunoo added. "Seoyeon never turns in her work on time, right Heeseung?"

Heeseung looked lost for a second as he averted his attention on Sunoo and then back on me. Will he even answer that? I doubt it. I watched as he shrugged a shoulder without saying anything and then pulled his eyes away from me, taking a bite from his sandwich.

Nayoung, who was always quick at discerning something, noticed the awkward and tense atmosphere between me and Heeseung. "Did you two fought or something?" She asked immediately, and all eyes were on me and him.