13| distraction

Warning: *mention of abuse and smoking*

𓆰

It felt like the conversation we had that day never happened.

For the past couple of days after being caught by Jay, he acted like his normal self, not so different from his usual routine of being the joker of the group, which surprisingly, what I wasn't expecting. After finding out our secret, I figured he'd act differently towards me and Heeseung but everything seems the same as it was.

But Instead of Jay being the distant one, I noticed that Nayoung had been skipping her lunch meals, and our regular hangouts every other day. It was unusual of her to do so, considering that she'll always be the first one planning a day for us to get together.

Sunoo and the rest of the boys tried convincing me that Nayoung might be busy preparing for our upcoming exams, but I doubt that. I know that the number one thing Nayoung hates the most is studying. Even if she's smart and diligent in her own work, she hates studying more than I do.

So today, an hour before our first class started, I made my way out of the parking lot and entered the entrance of the school building. Certain about where Nayoung would be at, I rushed through the crowded hallways, and sneaked myself to the other end of the building and ran up the flight of stairs that lead to the rooftop where students aren't allowed to lounge in....but Nayoung and I couldn't care any less.

Pushing the rooftop door to exit the stairway, I was immediately embraced by the warm, pleasant breeze.

As my eyes adjusted to the morning sunlight, I scanned the vast area of the rooftop and a familiar small figure caught my eyes immediately from afar. Nayoung's long, silky brown hair danced smoothly with the wind as she leaned forward against the metal railing that blocked her from falling off the edge.

I slowly made my way towards her, trying my very best from making any slight noises that'll get her attention as she scans the beautiful view of our school campus below.