16| saturday

𓆰

𓆰

"Oh you came!" Jake's eyes lit up at the sight of me. I settled on the empty seat in front of him and return the delightful smile I just received.

"Duh! Why wouldn't I?" I tell him while I scan our surroundings. Aside from the modern exterior of the shop, the cafe's interior was twice as welcoming as it is outside, and it was absolutely appealing. The paintings and the motivational quotes built in frames are placed on the beige and tan walls, mixing well with the rich brown tables and chairs. Same goes for the shelves filled with books that were available for customers to read as they drink on their coffee. It was warm and aromatic and it all fits well with Jake's pleasant vibe. Jay would love it here too.

"I mean you're an hour late, so I thought you wouldn't be able to make it," Jake said, pulling my attention back on him.

My eyes widen as I glanced at the time on my watch. "Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't notice the time. I stopped by at my fathers' work first and I must've stayed there for too long."

"It's okay, I understand but did something happened? You look tired." Jake asked, noticing the stress that was visible on my bare face. I totally forgot to fix myself before coming here but who cares? I'm used to Jake seeing me this way.

"It's Nayoung's father. I was in the middle of helping my dad with important files when his secretary barged into the office and informed my dad about Mr.Cha being in another scandal. My dad left me to fix the situation and I had to work on the files by myself." I sighed heavily, releasing all the tiredness out of me.

"It seems like your dad might entrust the entire business to you in the future. Are you ready with that?" Jake asked.

I scoffed and leaned against my chair. "Look at me Jake. Do you really think I can handle all of that? A pack of files left me devastated enough, so imagine me handling that big ass company. I pretty much prefer working in a zoo." I tell him jokingly, receiving a slight laughter from him afterwards.