• Chapter 6 •

No one told me that climbing stairs would be difficult for a four-year-old

No one told me that climbing stairs would be difficult for a four-year-old. It's been ten minutes and we have just reached the seventh step. I offered to pick her up, but all I got was an 'I am a big girl now '.

Today was definitely a long day. Add in the fact that I now have a sister. It's going to take some time getting used to having a tiny human being around.

All the others have gone to their own bedrooms for the night. It was decided that Talia is going to sleep in our beds according to the days of the week till her own room is sorted out. Papa got Saturday and Sunday. The rest of us got the days according to our age.

And since it's Tuesday today, it was my turn, to tuck little Lia in bed.

She looks so cute climbing up. A sigh escapes me, "Lia, let me help you up. Come on, it will be quicker that way. And Mr. Whiskers is waiting upstairs for you."

She blinks and stares at me for a second, before making grabby hands. Grinning, I scoop her up in my arms and race upstairs. She squeals as we reach upstairs.

"Sandy! My hair!", Talia says pulling on my shirt collar. I turn towards her and let out a string of curses. Of course, in my head. 

Her hair is sticking up in all directions and one strand is flopping up and down as if having a mind of its own. She's giggling and trying to pat it down. Chuckling, we both enter my room.

I plop her down on the bed and walk towards her suitcase kept in the corner.

"What clothes do you want to wear?", I ask opening her suitcase.

"Bunny!", she squeals. Humming, I rummage through the suitcase, until I notice a pair of bunny ears poking out behind a sundress. 

"Found it!", I say pulling it out completely. It's a cute pink bunny onesie with a white pom-pom tail. I motion for her to come here.

"Can you change yourself or do you need my help?", I ask her.

" I am a big girl", she says stomping her foot. I let out a dramatic gasp.

"I didn't know that"

"Now you know. Now give me my bunny and find Mr. Whiskers", she demands.

"...", which is me being speechless.

"Well?"

"Yes, ma'am"

She then pats my head, "Good boy"

"The hell", I mutter under my breath. She happily hops, yes, hops towards the bathroom and slams the door shut, leaving me staring at the now-closed door. Some snickering draws my attention towards the door. I turn around and find the twins with matching grins.

And a bloody camera.

The moment they see me, they take off.

"Get your asses back here!", I yell after them, only to stop, remembering that I have a stuffed toy to find.