• Chapter 14 •

I've decided that now onwards, every chapter will be in third person, so that every characters POV is covered.

Oh! And play the song above when I tell you too. It's a bit dramatic though 😁

***************************************************************

Third Person's POV:

Talia ran out along with her friends and Ms. Roberts, towards the front entrance  of the school, where all the teachers were standing with their classes, waiting for their parents to pick them up.

Her Papa had told her that today, Chloe would pick her up and bring her to his office, since she didn't have college today. She was so excited, she had never seen her Papa's working space and was too impatient to see it.

Spotting her cousins warm smile, she ran towards her.

"Hi little one! How was first day of school?", Chloe said picking up her most favorite person in the family.

"Unnie! It was amazing!", Talia gushed, "I made a lot of friends. Here they are", she said motioning towards them. One by one she starts introducing them to her cousin. Laughing, they introduce themselves and talk with Chloe.

Chloe was on cloud nine. These many cute children, it was bound to give her a heart attack. She even told them all to address her as 'Unnie'. 

"Are you a fairy, Ms. Unnie?", Tanvi asks with awe in her eyes. Chloe just laughs in response.

Not long after, Chloe has already told Talia's teacher, signed a register and left with her in the car.

"Talia, what do you want to do after we have visited uncle's office. We could drag the boys to", Chloe asks.

"Can we go to the amusement park?", she asks.

"That's a great idea, baby!", she exclaims giving her a high five. Soon Talia's eyes start to become drowsy and she doses off.

Due to hers and Talia's safety, she had taken two cars with four bodyguards each. One ahead and one behind. A standard safety protocol.

(PLAY THE SONG NOW)

Chloe frowns when she notices, the different route they are taking. She taps the driver's shoulder and asks him about the change in direction. He replies that it's the front car that has taken a change in direction. 

When the driver says that, she knows that something is wrong with the first car and, tells the driver to divert the car, the moment their is a cut ahead. She quickly takes out her phone and, dials the bodyguards in the car behind them, to tell them to draw their weapons.

The moment the phone rings, their is a sudden explosion behind them, hitting their car and it almost swerves out of control. She gasps, grabbing the handle for support, all the while holding Talia so that the little girl doesn't hit her head. 

The explosion came from the car behind them, which was their only safety option. But the bodyguards are probably dead by now.

A pang of guilt hits her when she thinks about the people in the car, but she brushes it off a moment later. This is not the time. Protecting Talia is her priority right now!

"Get the car out of here now!", she snaps at the driver. Before the driver can reverse the car, the car ahead of them jerks to a stop. A sound of a gun shot rings out on the abandoned road. 

Talia who was already awake by now, lets out a scream when their windshield is broken by the shot. Chloe grabs Talia and, puts her under the car's backseat where there is an empty compartment.

Chloe sighs in relief when she remembers that, thankfully, they were all smart enough to put a secret compartment under the backseat, which can fit grown adults in case of emergencies.

"Talia, right now you have to listen to me, okay?", she asks for the little girl's confirmation.

BANG!

BANG!

Although she was shaken up, Talia knew that this was a urgent matter when she saw her playful Unnie turn serious the moment the car was hit. She gives her cousin a silent nod of confirmation for her to continue.

BANG!

"Get inside this compartment. There is a lock inside it, just bolt it .And don't come out unless its me or", she pauses a moment, knowing fully well, she might not make it out of this encounter, "Your Papa or one of your brothers. You'll know if they knock three times and say Nettare (Nectar)"

BANG!

Talia nods, gets inside the hidden 'room' and Chloe then closes the door behind her. When she hears the click of the safety bolt, she grabs the gun from her purse and looks ahead to see that the driver is already dead. 

Taking a shaky breath, she pushes all emotions aside and puts on an emotionless facade. Right now, she isn't Chloe Rossi, the pampered older princess of the Rossi household. Right now, she is 'Poison', one of the renowned assassins of the underground.

She might not be the best but she was good. And she herself knew that.

Stepping out, and crouching behind the car, she spots a man near an old building and without hesitation shoots him in the head. She looks around and realizes that this was one of the abandoned areas of the city. Funnily enough, their was no one here aside from them.

So this was all planned. And she knows who did it too. If she makes out of this alive, she promises herself that there will be hell to give to that old man. 

She was now on autopilot. Her eyes glazed over the minute her finger unlocked the trigger, and she allowed the beast within her to take over. Her foot moved on her own, guiding her away from the bullets that were headed towards her.

 Closing her eyes, she breathed in deeply before firing the first shot. She felt as if her entire body was a machine in itself, dodging every bullet and weapon while she aimed at them.

BANG!

One of the men grabbed his leg in pure agony, collapsing onto his knee and while his guard was down, a bullet flew into his forehead. A clean and instantaneous kill.

It took merely ten minutes for her to wipe out half of the about dozen men. But unfortunately, she let her guard down too soon. A shot rang out in the empty silence. She ducked, but not in time.

The bullet hit her shoulder. And then another. Though she ducked behind the car, the other bullet had shot her in her fatal point. Her stomach. She knew she was loosing too much blood and didn't have much time.

A sudden screeching of tires draws her attention behind the road. Five cars are pulling up with an ambulance right behind. Though they are a bit far, the sight of them is enough to send the rest of the men back in the car and away.

A sigh of relief escapes her. She had already given her parents and uncle the emergency signal, the moment the first shot rang out.

Turning, she knocks on the secret compartments door three times.

"Nettare"

"Who is it?", Talia's voice comes through the door.

"Talia", she calls.

"Yes, Unnie?", the little girl responds.

"I love you, little one"

Then she lets the darkness swallow her.

****************************************

That was the first ever action scene I've ever written. Hope you guys liked it.

Last two chapters including the epilogue and then this story ends

Don't forget to vote and comment 🤗