• Chapter 7 •

Sorry guys, for uploading so late but I had just returned from a trip to hell, to find the blasted idiot who made a stupid thing called exams 😭. Anyways, I was unsuccessful, since he was already dead. Here's chapter 7!

I tap my foot against the polished marble floor, as Lucio and I wait for Enzo and Talia to come downstairs

"How do you think Talia wants to decorate her room?"

"That's up to her, but she'll definitely like colors that stand out"

"Blue! And green and pink and black and every color!"

I turn around to find Talia skipping down the stairs in a blue denim jumpsuit, and Enzo running behind her like a madman.

"Lia! Don't run so fast", Enzo comes down, huffing when he looks at her.

"Why?", she asks gazing up at him.

"You'll fall down", Lucio says, picking her up.

"Falling down is a part of growing up", she replies without batting an eyelid. Everyone stops what they were doing before looking at her.

"Lia, did mommy tell you this?", I say, hesitating a bit. She only nods and stares at us. No one says anything for a few minutes.

"Did mommy tell you the same thing?", she asks finally, breaking the silence.

Flashback

I grin as I run across the yard trying to find my twin brother. We were playing hide and seek, and I was the seeker. 

"I'll find you", I yell. I go towards the bushes surrounding the backyard and stand there with a grin. I move around and spot a smidge of black hair before I tackle the person to the ground.

"I spy you, Lucio", I say, still laughing to myself. Lucio just huffs in frustration as we both get up from the ground. 

"Then I'll run after you and we'll see if I catch you first", he says and just like that, I am running across the yard with Lucio running behind me. What I didn't see was a rock, and then I tripped.

Sniffling, I try to get up when a shadow falls over me. I look up to see my mother staring at me with a gentle smile on her face. She reaches out her hand to me. 

"Mommy, it hurts", I say as my tears fall. 

"Of course it'll hurt. You fell down silly. But falling down is a part of growing up", she replies helping me stand up.

"Come on now. I'll bandage and blow on it so it gets all better", she says kissing my head.

Flashback Ends

"Yes, mommy told us the same thing", I say pinching her cheek. She glowers at me while smacking my hand. I chuckle at her antics and guide my siblings towards the garage. Getting in the SUV we make our way towards the mall.