Chapter 5-New Line

I don't own the image, credit to the owner.

~The things about me others find troublesome, I know you find them cute~

The purple hue of the Seferan moon dyes the night. The city is still as most Elementains of this side of Sprikson have left the streets. All but the figure frantically moving along an alleyway. As the robed figure surfs along, the icy wind of the night swipes against their skin. The surfer, whose mode of transportation is the earth not water and a piece of wood they barely managed to grab as they escaped, had a terrified expression in their eyes as they exhausted themselves to the extreme pushing the earth waves as fast as they could.

Turning another corner, they see that the opening at the end leads to a residential area. Hope reignites in them as they encounter a literal 'light at the end of a dark tunnel'. With a burst of excitement, they increase the speed, hoping to reach the end and seek help.

Just 5 more metres,4...3....2

'Yes! I'm almost there'

"Hel-"

BANG

An explosion goes off in their mind and the earth waves collapse, propelling them off the board and onto the ground.

'No, did he catch up already!? But I trapped him' In a frantic bid to survive they turn their fallen body to the entrance to try calling for help again. At the same moment their lips part, a forceful blow comes from the back of their head, making them sprawl on their back and making their head ring.

"Aah!" a pained scream escapes their lips as someone heavily brought a foot down on their chest. The area darkens as clouds cover the light of the moon.

"You know, I'm hurt, to think you would run away like that." a soft sweet voice fills the air, the gentleness in the voice not matching the owner's action as with every word they press their feet down more, causing the person under foot to groan in pain.

"I was simply having a friendly conversation with you and what do you do, seal my beautiful new boots in mud. I must say I am disappointed."

'Friendly my arse, how in Seferan's name is grabbing me by the throat and trying to choke me to death friendly?' an incredulous and terrified look fill their eyes as they recall the moment when they were jumped out of the blue and viciously attacked.

The person above, ignorant of the feelings of the person they were stepping on, continued to speak.

"Well now, I'm in a foul mood. At first I was planning to go easy on you but I guess there is no need for that."

As the ridiculous words left their lips, another bang went off in head of the attacked individual, this one stronger and more violent. They had already exhausted themselves trying to escape and couldn't even move a teaspoon of earth. Their unknown pursuer had already badly beaten their body before they got away. As the number of painful explosions in their head increased, only the questioning thoughts in their mind kept them conscious.

'How did this happen; how did he defend against all my blows and how on Antarthos did he escape from my earth trap so quickly!?

But it was destined for them to be left in the dark as when a final painful blow went off in their mind, they lost consciousness.

"Hm" the attacker bends their waist to peer down at the body that just went limp.

"Oh my, I didn't kill her, did I?" though they were out of commission, the chest of the unconscious person went up and down. "Guess not"