Chapter 9-A Cold Cold Time

~No one is allowed to hurt you, no one~

14 years ago

It was a frosty night, but that didn't deter Andriet from sitting by the bay window with the panes wide open. Cold air seeps in and fills her purple bed room.

'Mom and Dad forgot my performance again, I bet 'she' was sick or something'

She looks out the window as her mind fills with depressed thoughts.

'Ever since 'she' came, they forgot about me. Why bother getting me if they were just going to toss me aside after they had their own child'

Andriet thinks back at the warm smiles the couple used to give her, now hurried answers have replaced all that and disregard.

"Whatever, I'll just go to bed"

Plink

She heard a small sound coming from the glass just as she started moving. Her small head bobs to the side in confusion.

'Maybe I just imagi-'

Plink

Before she finished her thought, the sound came again. She shivers and she drifts away from the window, she was about to run to her parents' room.

'Even if they don't want me anymore, they will care if a ghost comes to kill me right.'

"ty"

Before her little feet took off, she vaguely heard a sound from outside. It was a voice.

'Is the ghost calling me, does it want me to come to it? Will it take me away? If I let it take me will mom and dad miss me and be sad.'

With these thoughts in mind, the little girl forgets to escape and ambles back to the window.

"ty"

"Etty"

As she draws near the voice becomes clearer and she is now positive it is her name being called.

"Misss-ter Ghost" Andriet leans out the window and looks down. Her small voice rings out as she seeks her would be captor. But what she saw had her frozen in place and then bolting out her bedroom door. Her little legs quickly moved as she made her way down the stairs. She even hopped down the last few stairs and made her way to the backyard.

When she reached, she bent over with her hands on her knees and panted, trying to catch her breath. When she could breathe more steadily, her head quickly swung up.

"Cy!" she races again to the person who paid her a late night visit. It was no ghost but rather her friend who was calling, though his face looked as pale as one. Speaking of his face as Andriet almost reached the boy who limped to reach her, her amber eyes widen and she gapes as she looks at his condition. Under the bright moonlight a small face was sporting big wounds. Multi-colored wounds littered his face, his lips had red splits all over and his hair was heavily tousled as though he just stepped out of a tornado. He was only dressed in a thin t-shirt that had a large hole which was obviously grabbed and stretched by someone, a pair of shorts and only one of his feet had a shoe on. The one without a shoe left a faint trace of blood on the immaculate grass of the Mavros home. The 10 year old slowly moves toward the little girl rushing quickly to him. When Andriet reaches him, she quickly catches his body that almost fell over.

"Cylan!" she panics, as they both collapse to the ground, as she tries to hold his body. Only when she held him in her embrace did Andriet notice how truly bruised his face was, and her heart ached as she looked at him. The small child whose heart rate was still very high from speeding out here still couldn't fully understand what was happening. She only knew she was now covered in blood, and that blood belonged to her best friend.

"Cy, what happened why do you look like this?"

Cylan laid in the arms of the little girl with his eyes closed, when he felt the warm droplets that started dripping on his face and heard the distress in her voice, his heart which had died off, came back to life and despite the pain it caused he raised the corners of his lips a bit.

"Cy? Cy!" she received no response from him and he only laid quietly in her arms as though peacefully asleep.

Andriet panicked.

"Mom! Mom! Dad! Dad help!" a chocked voice calls out in panic.

She quickly forgot how her parents treated her or how she felt, right now she knew Cylan needed help.

"Andriet Mavros, what are you doing out here so late and why are you shouting, you might wake the baby?" a brunette woman came out a while after Andriet's shouts. She rubbed her eyes and looked for her daughter, when she saw her seated in the grass with a bleeding child on her lap her eyes widened in shock.

"Mom, please help Cy, Cy he-he isn't moving." Streams of tears ran down her face as she pleaded with her mother.

Mrs. Mavros covered her mouth in shock, when the situation settled in, she hurried upstairs to get her husband.

Andriet sat there and watched her house light up and listened to the faint shouts of her mother. She relaxed, as she knew her parents would help.

'Even if they don't want me anymore, they must care about their godson.'

She wiped some of the dry blood off his cheek as she stroked Cylan's face.

"It's ok Cy, you'll be fine, don't worry. Don't worry, you'll be fine." as she whispers these words to the unconscious boy, or maybe to herself, he father comes out and picks up Cylan.

Present

Andriette thinks back to the day of that incident. She still remembers how her ten year old self felt when she thought her best friend had died on her lap. She thought that if he died it was all her fault because she took so long to get to him and to get him help. It was only later when she overheard her parents and then asked the reluctant Cylan to tell her the truth did she learn that the members of the Gi family were responsible.

As she thinks of how his body looked in the hospital, all wrapped up and connected to the drip, her anger increased and the room's temperature dropped even further. Everything inside the space was cold to the touch, even the people.

"M-Ms. Mavros, pay no mind to their words. Of course, we don't think cousin Cylan is responsible, it's just that some of the evidence found on the bodies resemble...the markings Cylan made from that time." Serensi says these words carefully.

"Oh, you mean that time when your sad excuse of a family ganged up on and beat a 10 year old child, to the point his face was unrecognizable and his leg snapped." She said sharply.

He simply bowed his head. Andriette didn't care and continued with her icy words.

................................................................................................................................................................

Heyyo,

Here is this week's update. I'm sorry for the irregular updating but I plan to have another one up by Friday.

What are your thoughts on the flashback? Comment and let me know.

Thank you for reading the chapter please vote and add it if you liked it.

Until we meet again in the lands of Elementai.

Laters.