07

"Congratulations on surviving the final selection!"

Everyone in Kanroji residence, Obanai, Rengoku-san and even Senjuro attended the celebration of me surviving the final selection without even receiving any injuries. Almost a year of training, but he sent me because of all the challenge that he Rengoku-san were passed. I am not talented, it's just that I am able to adopt a proper lifestyle and living it was a bit easy.

"I'm so proud of you, Miyu-san! Be my tsuguko, so when I retire you'll be immediately the flame hashira!" Rengoku-san said in such a enthusiastic voice.

Is he this ready to die? We still got a year and half or so to be together, why is he saying a goodbye already? Well, it does make sense that he'll be a shield to all of us. It's hurting my chest that he's already getting this all ready.

"No! Miyu-chan will be my tsuguko!" Mitsuri said as she pulled me towards her.

Can I just say something here? I'm trying not to be known here. I'm trying to live as an invisible person here whose plan is only to save people from dying. Among the nine hashira, only two hashiras will be left with some injuries as well. —They did manage to eliminate the demons for good, but many lives were lost.

All of it started when Rengoku Kyojuro, the Flame Hashira dies.

"I don't plan to become a hashira. So you can't take me as a tsuguko." I answered and drank the black tea that Mitsuri prepared. "I don't plan to take the Flame Hashira position because it belongs to Rengoku family." I smiled. "I also don't plan on becoming a Love Hashira in the future. That's all."

After the dinner, I checked the standard uniform that was given to me. It's not like my sister's whose chest area of her uniform is left unbuttoned and she wears a short pleated skirt in place of the usual hakama pants. What I got is a modified pink tinted version of the standard Demon Slayer uniform with a knee-length pleated skirt along with a plain white haori that was gifted to her by Kyojuro Rengoku as well like my sister's. — Lastly a sporting knee-high lace-up white boots with pink soles, heels and toes.

I still need to dye the white haori into something that describes me. I've got pink in both my uniform and ankle-high boots, maybe something turquoise or minted color to balance the color? If I'm not mistaken, Shinobu's butterfly haori pattern has the same color as well. Maybe something that describes what I love.

What I love? "How is Muichirou?" I whispered.

I sat down and kept my knees together and put my head against it. I'm not regretting that I pushed him away, but there's something in me as well that wishes to see, talk and be friends with him again.