17

"Don't you dare touch her."

Muichirou-kun and Giyuu-san are staring at each other. Giyuu's hand is on my shoulder, while Muichirou-kun is holding Giyuu's wrist stopping further contact to me. I suddenly got worried and broke off the tension.

"Muichirou-kun, Giyuu-san is only helping me stand up. Nothing more." I said as I separated them and grabbed Muichirou-kun's hand. I both put their hands down and smiled awkwardly. "C'mon, don't be like that."

"Is something going on between you two?" Giyuu asked. I looked away and fixed my hair. Or maybe, I avoided the question. Muichirou might answer that question- or not. But he did not so I heaved a deep sigh before answering.

"I took care of Muichirou-kun a little while back before he was a hashira. He stayed in onee-chan's residence for a while." I answered. "We kind off formed a connection between us which is why we look like something is going on between us." I added.

"I see." Giyuu answered and looked at Muichirou with a boring look. Muichirou gave him the same look but a fiercer one. "I would like to help you too, Miyu-san."

Eh?

"What?" I asked.

"I would like to help you. Whenever Tokitou-kun is busy and I'm not, I'll be the one in-charge of you. Then, he'll you when I'm not around." He answered.

"I never knew that you're a talkative one." I said and smiled. "I guess, I don't mind you both helping me, how about you Muichirou-kun?" I asked him. Of course, I should still seek approval of his opinion.

"I guess, since we're helping Rengoku-san keep an eye on you. He's your original master anyways, and since he can't keep an eye on you, we're helping him and you." He answered in disinterested way.

Oh, so he was helping me because of Rengoku-san. And not because he wanted to. Not because he wanted to be with me. Not because he wants to be closer to me. He was helping for Rengoku-san's sake.

"I see," I answered. I don't know. I felt disappointed with it. I thought that Muichirou-kun was helping me because he wanted to spend time with me. I guess, it was all me after all. "I appreciate it. Really." I smiled.

__

"What the hell was that?!" I shouted as I threw my pillow on my futon bed. I couldn't contain my disappointment. I can't believe that I even thought that it'll be another chance for the both of us!