Aftermath

When Sera arrived in the dining room for breakfast the next day, everyone except for Lucifer and Mammon were at the table. Asmodeus was giggling as she sits and dishes herself up some food. “Asmodeus keep your voice down. If Mammon hears you, he’ll get upset again, and we won’t hear the end of it.” Satan lectures while he spread something that looked like congealed blood over some toast.

“Eh, he won’t be awake for a while, He’s really not a morning demon, you know? And anyway, how can you NOT laugh after what’s happened? I mean, this is Mammon, and yet a human was able to play him like a fiddle and force him into a pact.” Asmodeus replies. Sera didn't feel she needed to speak up. In fact, she wonders where Mammon is. 

She watches as Satan’s face twitches, “Pff...heheheheh.”

“Hey, I hear you laughing, Satan! I know you think it’s funny, too!” Asmo smiles, pointing his finger at Satan. Beelzebub was stuffing his face as usual.

“Mm, this is delicious. The meat is so tender..”

Levi glances up from his phone, “Beel calm down. You’re biting off chunks of your plate along with your food.” Sera couldn’t imagine what kind of digestive system a demon had…

“Anyway, I have to say I’m surprised. I never thought an average human like you would be able to make a pact with Mammon,” Asmo flutters his pretty long eyelashes at Sera, “certainly not THIS fast. I guess they really did know what they were doing when they picked you for the exchange program, huh?” Sera wonders about that, how and why was she was chosen?

Finally she shrugs and after swallowing her food she admits. “I only followed Levi’s suggestions.” The demon in question, sitting next to her almost chokes on his food from the mere passing of his name through her lips. 

Satan smiles that creepy smile of his at her, “There’s no need to be humble about it. We’re not upset. Honestly we think it’s pretty funny.”

Leviathan finally found his voice and speaks up, “All I know is that I finally got Mammon to give me back my money. So, I couldn’t ask for a better outcome! Epic win for Leviathan! I should’ve rounded up a random human and done this sooner! Now I’ll be able to buy the Blu-ray box set of Journey to the Devildom: The Tale of a Little She-Devil and her Reluctant Companion! The initial round of copies includes promotional tickets to a live event as a special bonus! That live event is going to be soooo epic!”

Asmo disregards what Leviathan had said and smirks knowingly, “You know, I find it surprising enough that Sera managed to make a pact with Mammon...but what’s even more shocking is her team-up with Levi. Don’t you think?” He asks conspiratorially. Levi chokes on his drink and Satan grins.

“Never thought I’d see the day that a human won over Levi.” Satan shrugs. 

Leviathan stands up suddenly, gripping the table. “Excuse me?! Don’t go getting the wrong idea. Nobody won me over! Our interests just happened to align, that’s all! The relationship was purely business! I mean, why would I want anything to do with some non-otaku normie of a human? I wouldn’t! I mean, I’m spoken for! I’m no cheater! M-M-My one true love is -”

“Cheeseburgers” Beel burps and Sera has to stifle a giggle. 

“No! That’s YOUR one true love, Beel!” Levi shouts, banging a hand on the table.

“Mm...I get hungry just thinking about them…” Beel says with closed eyes right before stuffing more breakfast into his mouth. 

Asmo ignores Levi’s outburst and continues, “You know, the way things are going, the rest of us might just find ourselves in a pact with Lily as well if we’re not careful. If you had your choice, which one of us would you forge a pact with next, Seraphina?” The question has caught the demigoddess off guard, she doesn't plan on making anymore pacts with any more demons. “Oh..um..I don’t think -”