─⌖❖ 13

How did someone so clean get the same information as the FBI and that, in less than twenty-four hours? Legally, this never happened. If it were, and good Billy had done his own research, he would have learned that Simon Roman was not running properly and could not be for that reason. Only someone who knew nothing more than the FBI records as well as published information, rewrote it and then passed it off for his own findings would declare Roman as the perpetrator.

The devil is in the details. Exclusively a handful of agents, namely those who found Simon Roman; the treating physicians; his two therapists and of course, the very closest family members knew about his current condition. As well as the neighbors, because that could not be prevented. After all that the young man had to suffer, it was a matter of protecting him. Most of all from the press, that's why there was no entry, not even a note, about his condition.

"I want to know everything. Everything. I want names of every single person who, in the last five years.... ten years contact that has had with him. "On the screen Page was pacing back and forth in front of was the image of Billy, looking around the room. "I want the names of everyone he has served with, who his superiors were; who all he had ever had disputes with, and most importantly, who belongs to Anvil. Shareholders, business partners and stock holders."

From somebody, Russo got information that not many could get. Where we were on point two. Everybody was a suspect. Every single agent at the FBI. Not to mention the police, Homeland and CIA. Somewhere, Billy Russo had contacts who made sure his record and hands appeared clean. But for that to be possible, you needed friends. Powerful friends.

Something that shouldn't be hard to get when you were the founder and owner of a private military company whose service product was security and protection. At the prices Anvil charged, only people with a lot of money or influence could afford this protection. One hand washes the other was probably part of it. The all-round carefree package.

All of Anvil's activities were related to military contract service, such as personal protection, convoy security and tactical operations. Which was important to know, because that meant that every single employee had to have a military or comparable background, because otherwise it was not possible to offer such things.

It was too dangerous to have novices or people without that (prior) knowledge, in Russo's parlance, civilians, on the team. Everything had to run blindly and smoothly without a spoken word. A well-oiled machine. Which is not possible if the knowledge and experience were lacking. They are processes that went into the body and soul, and for these people, was like riding a bike.