─⌖❖ 21

The target was a man named Ahmad Zubair. And what had happened to him sounded simpler at Castle than it might have been in truth. If Rawlins had given the unit a name, it was a matter of finding the person. In Zubair's case, it looked like this. The group dragged him out of the house in front of his children while his wife screamed. In the case of a bunch of people, this is how it went.

First Zubair was tortured and then killed, all of which Frank Castle saw and gave the order to do, Rawlins did. It was all on video.

"It all damns us," added Castle, who obviously would have preferred to forget about it.

"Rawlins gave the order," Madani began, "Did Billy Russo pull the trigger?"

"No, he didn't," Frank, causing Page to push off the wall and slowly approach the table anew, "I did."

Boom. Surprise.

From the way Agent Madani had sounded, though, she was pretty sure.... no, she wanted it to be Billy Russo. Someone else who owned a personal problem with Russo. This could get interesting.

─⌖❖⌖─

One thing was the same everywhere. To find something reasonable and at the same time, that was edible, in an authority, there was no such thing. It was either okay or absolutely horrible, but it never went beyond that point.

"I hope black is okay," done from what Page could hear, she placed a paper cup on the table for Frank and sat across from him, "Because you don't seem like the milk and sugar type."

"It's not from around here," Frank noted as he looked at the cup, which he should have noticed just by the fact that it wasn't a cup, and put his hands around the warm cardboard, "Is our date going on now?"

"If you put it that way already, it can only be terrible," which, however, was well impossible, as the last few hours had proved, that it could go even worse than the story Page had come to hear, "Then begin."

"Rawlins. Why so shocked when I mentioned his name?" and here Page had actually thought Frank wouldn't want to ask any questions on the subject, "Unless you two know each other. Which by now isn't so far-fetched, considering if you still know everything."

"Uhm.... long story, which isn't even that long," alone because it wasn't Pages', but someone else's, "My dad and Rawlings were at Harvard together, classmates, and are still, as far as I know, pretty good friends. As good as adults are just friends with each other when you work for the government. Wow, I seem to have gotten the best environment you could have gotten. Now I'm realizing some things."

"So the choice for crappy friends runs in the family. Maybe that's why you became a bitch," instead of taking a sip as she intended, Page took her cup from her lips and looked at Castle with a sober expression, "What? You said that yourself earlier, so you can't look at me like that now. Is that why you haven't said a word about me being alive?"

"Have you ever looked in the mirror? You've been in a shitty way for a long time anyway and the last thing you needed was a search for you," and all the dead, were also to be dispensed with and as Page knew, there would have been many, "Besides, it was none of my business. Everyone possesses reasons for their actions and I realized that I didn't want to know those reasons, in some cases."

As with Aldrich.