─⌖❖ 23

Wait and see. Keep an eye on the two men and the surroundings, not to forget but otherwise, that was it. There was nothing more to do.

It was such a typical gangster, mafia movie cliché to threaten, kidnap, torture or kill the family of the person you wanted something from. Granted, the mafia was like that in reality, this method worked and Russo needed leverage. Kidnap the family, of the guy who had faked his death for the sake of his wife and kids, and use them as leverage to get what you want from him.

"Okay, and where are you pretty boy?" muttered Page as he scanned the area with binoculars, because Russo was the kind of guy, and that was thanks to being a soldier, that he had to do things himself, or at least be there, "A lying asshole like you doesn't pass up playing Call of Duty."

"Who are you talking about?" asked Madani, to which Page gave an absent Russo, "You know him?"

"Worst one-night stand I've ever had," brooding, Page took down the binoculars, skimming the area for suitable locations, "That's all this guy's good for anyway. I don't understand how it happened anyway.... of course I do, you can't forget the reason. There's a dark red van coming up behind."

This was the signal to set off.

─⌖❖⌖─

The exchange had long been underway when the two Homeland SUVs came to a screeching halt, and as soon as the gunmen stepped out of the vans, they opened fire. In all the commotion created by the shooting, one of the masked men seized the opportunity and knocked Castle unconscious, who was then dragged into the van's cargo area.

Lieberman's situation was no different shortly thereafter, as after his wife and son were safe, the former analyst was grabbed by two men and dragged to the van. And what came next had been impossible to comprehend, even in the heat of the moment. By two snipers, his own, standing a few meters away, Lieberman was shot three times in the back. In the middle of the back, by two snipers who can hit at several yards an inch larger target, shoot the hostage.

You can kill people in many ways, but it was very obvious that Lieberman should die. In front of his wife and son.