iii

Elizabeth woke up the next morning, she feels a weight lifted off her shoulders even though she knew she'd take time to heal but this was the first step. She had finally talked to someone about it for the first time since it happened. Tommy called her into his office, to discuss the guns and his conversation with Polly the previous night. They came up with a plan, even though it's not a good one and Polly definitely wouldn't agree. She was worried that this copper would take her family away from her again but she's a Peaky Blinder and cops don't scare her.

"What the fuck happened to you" Elizabeth asks her eldest brother as he stumbles through the door looking beat up, literally beaten up. Ada told her to run and get a bottle of rum from The Garrison, her being the fastest runner, she actually won gold for cross country with her school. She ran through the doors and opened the window to find a blond hair woman behind the bar. Coughing to grab the new maid's attention.

"Bottle of rum" Lilibet orders, wanting to get home so Ada doesn't get impatient and infect Arthurs wounds.

"You're too young" The Irish girl says immediately with a rude and dismissive tone, noticing the girl is underage, she looks Elizabeth Shelby up and down noticing her petite physique, captivating brown hair and one ice blond streak with lose curls starting down her back, down to her backside.

"Grace, whatever she wants it's on the house" Harry warns the Irish woman. She looked back at the Shelby girl for a moment to find her staring at her intently, trying to read the Irish woman, wondering what business she has here because why else would she be here.

"Here" She says handing her the rum.

"Don't question me again, alright?" Lilibet scoffs and walks off leaving the older woman shocked at her. She runs back home and finds Ada giving orders to John who looks rather uninterested.

"Since when did you give orders?" John asks his sister.

"I'm a trained nurse" Ada says in defence of herself.

"Stop don't make me laugh it hurts" Arthur says holding his wounds.

"Ada we went to one first aid class and you got thrown out for giggling and I got into a fight with the instructor" Lilibet reminds her sister, remembering herself that they got a lecture from Polly.

"Not before I learned how to stop someone from choking" Ada retaliates, Lilibet and John rolling their eyes.

"I'm not bloody choking, am I?" Arthur points out the obvious.

"Right enough, what happened?" Lilibet says standing across from the table, cigarette in her mouth. At that moment Tommy walks in and presses the alcohol to his brothers face.

"He said Mr. Churchill sent him to Birmingham" Arthur starts, Lilibet's ears immediately perking up knowing it was the copper her and Tommy discussed earlier. "Something about a robbery, he wants us to help him"

"We don't help coppers" John cut in rather sharp.

"Well Johnny, since when did you become so smart eh?" She asks her older brother tauntingly, receiving a middle finger back.

"He knew all about our war records said were patriots like him wants us to be his eyes and ears, I said we'd have a family meeting and take a vote" Arthur continues, Tommy looks up at his youngest sister, both of them stressed and confused, they stare at each other freaking everyone else in the room out. "Well why not?, we have no truck with fenians or communists" the two still staring into each others eyes, trying to read each other to get ideas.

"What's wrong with them? What the fucks wrong with them lately?" Arthur asks everyone.

"If I knew I'd buy the cure from Compton's chemist" Polly says snapping in front of her nieces eyes, for her to break eye contact with her brother and just walk off.