v

"I can't imagine Arthur with a child" Ruairi jokes to his best friend as they walk home from the theatre, talking about their siblings with children.

"Imagine, him and James, they'd have it addicted to whiskey before it could talk" Lilibet laughs, hoping Arthur never has children. "I'm happy we're the youngest, cause we get to be the really cool aunt and uncle"

"Look it's starting to snow" He tells her, feeling little snowflakes drop onto him.  He notices she's just in her dress with no cover up, so he takes off his coat and hands it to her, she thanks him putting on the over sized coat.

"It's lovely isn't it?" Lilibet asks him, referring to the snow falling onto the ground as they enter Watery Lane, he takes her hand and brings her in between her house and his, the street empty due to it being almost midnight, only the muffled sounds of drunk men in the nearby pubs. He laughs with her, walking her to her doorstep out of the snow falling, she enters her house and hangs up Ruairi's coat and going into the kitchen to make herself a cup of tea.

She heads to her room, sleeping peacefully until she hears a blood-curdling wail come from Tommy's room, saving no time she runs to his room and soothes him.

"You're alright Tom" She says rubbing his back, he goes to respond but the two hear violent shouts and frantic knocking at their door, Lilibet gets up and looks out the window facing the street, to find Curley out in the pouring rain shouting for the two to come down.

"Couldn't have picked a better night to come get us?" Lilibet asks Curley as they make their way into the stables, her long hair soaking and her only proper piece of clothing on a coat belonging to one of her brothers, underneath bed shorts and a bralette.

"Shut up Elizabeth, Curley tell me" Tommy scolds his sister.

"It's a curse Tom" Curly warns him. Elizabeth knowing straight away the poor horse was at the end of its life just by the look of her uncle Charlie.

"Curley, Curley shh, curly, tell me what's wrong with the horse" Tommy soothes the distressed man. 

"You bought it at the fair in bad feeling, the Lee's but a bad seed in the hoof, got an old woman to put a spell" Curly huffs.

"So, those Lee bastards cursed her" Lilibet puts it simply.

"Whatever it is, he says it spread to the other foot" Charlie says to his niece and nephew, still a bit sour over how they spoke to him earlier that day.

"Its going to his heart by tomorrow" Curly finishes, still not having calmed down from the moment they got here.

"You can't take a curse like this back" Lilibet thinks out loud, looking over at her brother knowing what they have to do to put the horse out of his misery.  She nods at Tom telling him she'd do it, not wanting him to kill one of the things he loves most. "Get out, the three of you" she demands to the men.

She walks up to the horse and puts her head against its forehead, muttering an apology. Even though she never really liked horses as much as Tommy she still admired the creatures. She takes a step back and a deep inhale of breath, taking her gun out from her coat pocket, placing it on the white horses forehead and shoots.

Bang!

She got home humming but realising Tommy wasn't with her, shrugging it off thinking he's stayed with Charlie and Curly.  Polly bursts through the kitchen whilst Lilibet, still humming away is making herself a cup of tea.  The two sit down and she explains to Polly about what happened moments earlier, then realising she hadn't told her about the Inspector and Grace at the theatre.