v

"What the fuck" Elizabeth states as she walk in, noticing her father sat at the kitchen table, eating a sandwich surrounded by his children and Polly.

Elizabeth does not remember a great deal of her father, because she was only young when he left for good, only a year or two after Finn was born. Of course he'd come back every now and then when he needed money, but she hoped he had perished in the war, unfortunately not, she thought.

A memory she clings onto however, is when he first struck her with his boot.  She had been fighting with John, and their father had thrown his boot at her, it cut open her fragile youthful skin beside her eyebrow, creating a scar she would still carry to this day, however it's now hidden underneath her grown out eyebrow hair. 

"Ah, Elizabeth darling" He comments.

"What are you doing here" She spits at him, looking to Arthur, suspecting he is the one who invited him in.

"I'm the head of the family, don't dare talk to me in that tone" He replies.

"Oh don't make me laugh" She chuckles for a moment.

"Her and Tom are the heads now, Dad" John speaks up, defending his little sister. Coincidentally Thomas walks into the kitchen. 

"Oh well speak of devil, how are ya, son?" Arthur Shelby Sr. asks him.

"Get out" Thomas simply states to their father. 

"Son, I'm a changed man" He replies, lying through his ugly, unkept teeth. 

"This family needed you ten years ago you walked out, get out" 

"He's different" Arthur Jr. speaks top to defend his father. 

"Shut up" Elizabeth orders her brother, sharper than a bullet to a shot.

"It's alright son, Arthur Shelby never stays where he's not welcome" He says standing up, walking over to his second son and last daughter. He looks them up and down, shaking his head

"Quite something you've become" He looks at Thomas, then to Lilibet.  "You too, what happened to our little girl?" He places his head on her shoulder.

"Get off me" She flinches away to from him, he then leaves out the front door. 

"He's our dad" Arthur speaks up to the whole clan, earning a sigh from his sister. 

"He's a selfish bastard" Lilibet responds to her oldest brother.

"You calling someone selfish, well it's a bit rich" He retaliates "I mean thanks to you two we're already down a sister" he looks to Thomas

"You wanna see him, off you go" Tom points to the door, which Arthur accepts and walks straight out after his father. 

"Will you go and find Finn please?  He ran out after Arthur so god only knows what shit your father is filling them with" Polly asks her niece, who was sewing a dress.   She took up sewing a few months back and she was actually very good at it, now that herself and Ruairi were not on speaking  terms and she had no business to be at, she happily spent her hours thinking of new creations.

"Of course, I am not bringing the other lad though" She rolls her eyes at the thought of how foolish her oldest brother was when their father was about.  Lilibet looked in all the suspected places the men could be, her last stop being the boxing ring. 

"Finn where are you? Ah, there" She says as she notices Arthur Shelby Sr and Jr with her little brother around a table, three drinks in front of them. 

"Where did you fight, dad?" She overhears Finn say as she approaches them.

"Oh please, the only fighting you've done is with women's husbands" Elizabeth laughs at herself.