Chapter 10

I sat Bella down and explained what just happened. "Now, I really need you to explain what the nightmare was about" She shook her head. "please Bella, it's really important" "fine" she sighed.

"Well, even though it was a nightmare, the events were real. I was just reliving it as a dream" I give her a pitiful look knowing I'm not going to like what I'm about to hear. "So, I was just sat minding my business doing some schoolwork when Alecto appeared. She said my father had sent her which was strange as nobody takes orders from him. Only the dark lord" I stopped her there. "Your father works for the dark lord?" She turned away from me "that is why I didn't want to tell you why we are feared" I asked her to continue but felt slightly nervous now. "She said something, I can't remember then used the crutiatus curse on me which is why I woke up from the nightmare. And that's all I can recall" I didn't know what to say, she is in alliance with the dark lord. I carefully spoke. "I don't think it was Alecto, are the Carrow twins known for torturing children?" She didn't have to think twice before answering "No, they're close family friends. They've always been strange but I know my father wouldn't have sent her to torture me. Only he does as a punishment on rare occasions, toughens me up"

"Your father curses you to punish you?" I was shocked. "Yes.. but he doesn't do it for long, after all, I am still his daughter and he doesn't want to hurt me" I shook my head "My parents were awful but they would never do something like that Bella" I realised I had never mentioned my parents to her before so I quickly mentioned "I promise you I will tell you all about my past since I know so much about yours but for now, we need to focus our attention on this situation" She nodded her head in agreement, happy I am letting her in finally.

I pondered for a while before telling her "It's Dumbledore" She was shocked. "But how?" So I carefully explained the minor details and we put two and two together. There was a slight problem, who can we trust to tell these details. We can't go to McGonagall because she is probably an ally of Albus's.

Bella told Sirius what happened to her and he was furious. He had to leave to contain his anger. I sat with Bella and comforted her. She was so fragile right now and his leaving probably wasn't helpful.

She sat and snuggled up to me, crying into my chest. I couldn't help but feel bad. Even if her father follows Voldemort, I still care for her. She is clearly not evil and from what I've seen so far, people fear her for no reason. I have learnt that it is important to not let who your family are define you.

"You're beautiful you know Bella. I don't get why people fear you. I see no evil" She looked up at me and smiled. We stared into each other's eyes and got lost slightly. I was brought back from being lost when I felt her lips touch mine. I was shocked at first but I gently returned it. It was soft and passionate like she meant it. I'm not sure but I think we are in love.

TIMESKIP- an hour later

Sirius returned and found her asleep on my chest. He was shocked to see us so close and comfortable around each other. I didn't mention the kiss. "It's alright Sirius, she's just tired and fragile at the moment" I sat and stroked her hair. I just couldn't stop thinking about the passion and love in the kiss.

"Where did you go then?" "I wrote a letter to my father explaining that I need to see him" I agreed that he should fully explain in person.

James, Remus and Peter came in and saw me and Bella on the sofa. They were also a bit shocked but Sirius explained everything. "I'm sorry I've been distant with you guys lately. I promise I haven't meant to be" "Don't worry about it, we know how much you've been caring for Bellatrix" I looked down at the beautiful girl in my lap and smiled to myself, she is so perfect.

THE NEXT MORNING

At some point, I must have gone upstairs because I woke up in bed. Bella was nowhere to be seen though. This worried me slightly due to the state she was in before. I quickly got up and ready and headed into the common room, no sign. I thought she must be in the great hall.

I walked in and sighed with relief when I saw that she was chatting away happily with James and Remus. I sat next to her and smiled. "Morning Y/N. Sleep in?" She laughed. "Yes, I suppose. You've tired me out Bella" we both laughed. "It's good to see you looking happy though darling" She put her hand on my thigh under the table and squeezed. I didn't know how to react without letting on to the boys that something is going on between us. I mean, I'm not sure if there is anything going on. I certainly would like there to be though...