Chapter 25

This year, the six of us feel like we are drowning in assignments. We never have time for each other anymore so when we want to see each other, it is often in the library so we can study together. Still, never speaking much.

I am becoming increasingly worried about Remus though, he often sneaks about when there is a full moon. Last year, we never saw him when a full moon appeared. I am concerned about him but don't know how to confront him. It's probably nothing.

I decided to speak to James and Sirius about it since there is a full moon tonight. I joined them in the library as they were studying. "Guys, there's something I desperately need to speak to you both about so could you please put your books down for a moment?" I think they could tell how anxious I was so they did so almost immediately.

"I am worried about Remus" James scoffed so I fixed my eyes on him angrily. "Y/N, he is a big boy. He can look after himself" "I know he can but haven't you noticed? Whenever there is a full moon he is nowhere to be seen?" They paused in thought, I guess they never really noticed before. "Well I know that he can be shifty sometimes but I didn't know that it was whenever there is a full moon" Sirius shrugged. "There's a full moon tonight guys" I told them and James snapped out of his thoughts. "We have to follow him. The three of us will go where ever he goes and see what happens". We agreed, as much as it could be dangerous. We have to make sure Remus is alright.

We went along with the rest of the day as normal then prepared for tonight.

We were all sat in the common room and Remus went up to bed early. We stayed downstairs in the common room until everyone left.

Once the room was clear we hid so he wouldn't see us when he came down. After a short while, he came down. He ran out of the room so fast we had to spring into action. We abruptly left after him, only just seeing the direction he went in.

We followed him all the way to Hogsmede. He ran up to the shrieking shack and went inside. None of us spoke to each other the entire time, we were all too focused on following Remus. We snuck inside but when we got past the door, there was no sign of Remus.

Stood before us, was an enormous werewolf. I gasped so Sirius clasped his hand around my mouth to muffle me. I managed to stifle a comment- 'He's a werewolf'

Remus let out an ear-piercing howl. "Well, now we know why it's called the shrieking shack" James laughed. I was frightened for my life, I know that Remus would never hurt us but, this isn't Remus, he is just a boy. We had to leave. NOW!!