Tea Time?

My hands shook as I walked up to the Light sides' house. It was as cheerful-looking as ever, with the plants and the pretty garden and the unchipped, clean paint. I walked up to the door and knocked. Unfortunately, Patterned answered again.
"Oh my! It's Anxiety! What're you doing here bud? Do you need a hug?" He asked me condescendingly.
"Uhm... I'm fine, thank you... Patterned. Anyways, is Roman around?" I peered behind him, only seeing the glasses guy on the couch, exactly like before. It was almost like these guys were NPCs that just constantly waited for the player to come and talk to them. It was weird.
"Aw, sorry buddy! He's not here! But, since you're here, why don't you come in and wait! We've got plenty of food!" He stood to the side, and stretched his arms towards the hallway.
"Oh, uh..." I began to speak when the glasses guy interrupted me.
"I'm afraid he isn't allowed, Patton. Remember, the promise?" He didn't seem bothered by many things, in fact, the promise didn't seem to bother him at all. He said it without even lowering his voice, unlike Patterned, who quickly hushed him.
"Logan! Don't say that so loudly! He'll hear you!" Patton looked anxious, but didn't seem to be feeling anxious at all. You see, part of my role as anxiety is being able to make the other sides panicked or anxious as well. This is in case of an emergency, when I need to take over and cause an adrenaline rush. I can essentially make the other sides completely silent and fill them with pure fear to let Thomas get out of the situation. It's why they hate panic attacks, since it's a different kind of version of that. I basically just make them all overly anxious, and can also render them useless - if it's a bad one. But, context aside, I wondered why I couldn't feel his anxiety. Perhaps it was just the tiredness from going to sleep later than I had expected? I assumed so.
"Y'know, that... Deceit... guy is terrible! I mean, look what he did to you, Anxiety!" He looked at me, concern in his eyes. "You don't need people being mean to you, and controlling where you can go! You need someone who can help you, like us! You should come in, you'll be safer here!"
Safer where? I was in shock. Did he just.... insult Janus? Moreover, insult him to my face? I was livid. How dare he talk about Janus like that? He barely even knew him! If he had ever spoken to Janus he'd know better than anyone that he cared. Everything he ever did was to protect us! Patton had split the twins, and Patton had split us up! The real controller was him! I could barely contain my anger.
"Patterned, I would choose your next words carefully. Janus has looked after me for a long time now. You didn't raise me, you had no interest in raising me, so keep your mouth shut."
Patton looked at me in shock. You see, I still remembered my younger years very well. Deceit formed faster than I did, and agreed to look after me very quickly after we met, since Patton refused to even look at me. Whilst Logan had looked after me for a time, he wasn't exactly the best guardian for such an emotionally driven side such as myself. And Roman... he was still forming into his own side.
A side without Remus.
"Well... I... I never did such a thing!" Patton exclaimed, beginning to go red.
"Patton." Logan warned. "Deceit."
Janus knew whenever we lied. It was a talent of his. He also knew what lie we told, but not the context behind it. I could fill him in on that later.
"Uh... anyways... where exactly is Roman?" All I came here for was to see Roman, and I somehow had gotten very sidetracked.
"He's down in the central building." Patton turned away, embarrassed, and closed the door. Slightly shaking, I walked out of the garden, and down to the central building. Roman seemed to be, well, actually working. He was writing something, and it felt too mean to interrupt him. So, I waited. I kept watching him though; watching him work was interesting. I felt like a little kid, peering over a parents shoulder. The idea of knocking made me too anxious, especially with that intense look of concentration on his face. Eventually, he came to a stop, and paused. Maybe it was to think about something for a moment, but I took that as a good opportunity to make my presence known.
"Uhm... hey, Roman!"
He whipped round, eyes wide, and I could feel his fear.
"Uh- Virgil!" He sighed and put his hand to his chest. "You- uh... you're very quiet!" He said, laughing nervously.
"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you. Anyways, there's something I wanted to ask."
"Oh?" He questioned, looking at me.
"Do you... maybe... wanna come talk to Remus? Just for a mealtime or something! He... I... yeah."
Why did they send me again? I was terrible at conversation. He was almost certainly going to decline, that was obvious. Who wouldn't, when someone like me was offering?
"Will you be there?" He asked me.
"Uh- oh, well yeah. It'll be at our place, if you're okay coming, and... I spend most of my time there anyways so..." I trailed off.
"Sure." He shrugged. "Why not?"
I looked at him in shock, and smiled slightly.
"Great! I'll go tell the others, I guess, uh... when are you free?" I asked Roman.
"Tomorrow evening is good for me." Roman replied
"Great! I'll see you then?"
"Sure!" Roman smiled slightly, and went back to his work. I speed-walked back to the other dark sides as fast as I could, practically bursting through the door.
"He said yes."
Remus smiled and clapped his hands excitedly.
"Well done Virgil! I knew you could do it!" Janus applauded too.
"But, I'm more interested in what Mr Patton had to say. Please, do tell!" He gestured to the living room whilst I sighed angrily.
"That cat bastard-" I started.
"Sit down first." Janus said. "And let me make us some tea."
He turned on the kettle as I walked towards the couch.
What a fucking day.