Held Back

I grabbed Patton's hand and began to talk him through how to manage his... uh... new job.
"Okay, so whenever the anxious thoughts get too much, run up here as fast as possible! Don't let anyone in until you're done!"
"But what if I get lonely." Patton asked sadly.
"You won't. Trust me. And when a really... really... horrible thought comes, I always try to distract myself with literally anything else, like my hair! Got that?"
"Uh- well yeah, but why are you telling me this?" he questioned, tilting his head like a dog.
"Because being the physical embodiment of anxiety isn't easy." I sighed. "If you can't cope... let's not think about that." I wondered why my anxious thoughts were still there. Patton rarely seemed worried, and he never expressed thoughts like these. Did he keep them to himself? Or did he just not experience them? In which case, why was I having these thoughts? I was confused, but tried to forget about it. There would be time later to wonder about these things. For now, we had to tell the other sides.
"Oh, Patton?" I wanted to ask him something.
"M-yeah?"
"Is there anything I need to know about being Morality?" His face lit up for the first time that day. "Ooh! I think you'll really love it, you know! It's all about being a good person, which I know you are, so don't worry too much about it! You'll be amazing!"
I could see the worry in his face.
Did he... think I was going to fail?
I shook the thought from my head. Patton believed in everyone. It was just me being anxious.
Why was I so anxious again? I wasn't even anxiety anymore.
"C'mon Patton! Let's tell the others!" I stood up, grabbing his hand. He grasped it tightly and stood behind me as we descended the stairs.
Right away, my presence was noticed, and celebrated.
"Patton!" Roman called out to me. "I was just about to start making breakfast! What would you like? Whatever it is, I'll make it! Don't even worry about it!" Roman seemed eager to help out.
"G'mornin' Roman!" I cringed at how... peppy I sounded. "But, I actually need to-"
"Patton, if this is about last night, we're really sorry." Roman said, looking down at the floor. Logan sighed. "I don't know why you're apologising to Patton, Virgil is the one who deserves an apology, after all."
"If you're gonna be so uptight about it then do it yourself, asshole!" Roman glared at Logan, who got up, off of the couch where he was sat, and walked over to Patton, or, Anxiety.
"We deeply apologise, Virgil. Our argument clearly affected you negatively, and for that we cannot possibly show enough regret."
"Uhm, yeah about that-" Patton/Anxiety tried to speak, but was interrupted by Logan.
"See, that is how you properly apologise, Roman."
"Oh, I'm sorry that I'm not Mr 1800s formal ballgown etiquette.... guy. Some of us are normal!"
"I am also perfectly normal, I'll have you know."
"Don't lie to me! We both know you're a weirdo!"
"What did you just say to me?" Logan seemed angry again.
"Guys!" I let go of Patton/Anxiety's hand to stand between them.
"Patton and I have something to say. And it's not good."
They both looked at each other, and then back at me again.
"Are you feeling okay? You're Patton, that's Virgil..." Roman put his hand on my forehead.
"Are we certain the alarm last night was for Virgil? Was it perhaps poor timing? Are you feeling okay?"
"I'm fine! Look, last night...." I couldn't talk anymore. I looked over to Patton.
"Uh... well... I'm not sure what happened actually..." He mumbled, "But, we've..." He suddenly looked at me urgently.
I looked at them both, trying to talk.
"Mmmmmmm!" was all I could get out.
They looked at each other again, and Logan grabbed the pen and paper that had been laying by his side, and handed it to me. I tried to write, but I could only write one word. "We."
I handed it to Patton, and hoped he got the same idea that I did.
"Swapped." was handed back to me. I then wrote: "Jobs/" and handed it to Patton, who wrote:
"Bodies."
"We swapped jobs slash bodies?" Roman exclaimed. "No way! How?" His eyes were lit up. I knew he only saw this is a children's fantasy book adventure, and wanted to know more.
I shrugged, able to talk but not wanting to explain.
Logan seemed suspicious of me suddenly. "Did you do this?" I looked at him incredulously.
"How would I do this? I was crying! You heard me!" I cried.
"Oh, so you can talk?" Logan replied. "Interesting."
I was beginning to get annoyed. Did he seriously blame me? Did he seriously think I could I have done all of this?
"I must say." A voice came, seemingly from nowhere, "You are quick to blame poor Virgil, when it's your fault in the first place." Suddenly Deceit was next to me, wrapping his arm around me, grabbing my face with the other hand. "Poor baby boy should've known better than to come here! Though, you don't have to worry. I know you never really wanted to."
"Just what the hell are you playing at, Deceit?" Roman yelled, and he laughed.
"Me? I'm playing God!" He laughed maniacally, and turned around to look at Patton/Anxiety.
"You know, I'd love to keep you here, I really would, but I'm afraid you're not strong willed enough. He'll do." He said, flicking a hand towards Logan, who passed out onto the floor along with Patton.
"And now, for you two!" He sent Roman to sleep, and I passed out in his arms.
I wasn't sure why, but he felt so warm.