A Liar's Truth

the past about 7 ch have literally all had this same apology lmao but sorry for not updating! final chapter (basically, you're gonna get an epilogue after it tho but in terms of the main story we're done!) and i will have a small talk at the end which u can skip if u so desire :3

(also: sorry this is long af in comparison with my other chapters but there was no way for me to split it so enjoy!)

"Right, that fateful dinner! What an evening! We had some absolutely delightful white wine, courtesy of our dear Logan here, as well as some heavenly steak, I mean goodness gracious, it tasted as if it was fresh out of France! Cooked by me of course!"

Deceit was purposefully taking his time to explain, the rat bastard.

"Could you hurry the fuck up?" It came out of my mouth without me even thinking. Creativity hardly ever swore, but considering my annoyance at his very presence I wasn't overly surprised that such a strong emotion could force one... mildly impolite word out of my mouth.

"Someone's got a bee in their bonnet! Honestly, why the hostility?" He smirked at me.

"You know what you did." I glared at him, hatred running through my veins.

"No, actually, I don't. And I don't believe you do either, actually."

I opened my mouth to respond, but my memory failed me. Nothing. A memory of white hot rage, and Deceit's face...

I closed my mouth, and looked down in confusion. Janus only sighed at me.

"What a shame. I expected more of you, Patton." He turned to look at the emotionless man sat in the corner. "I mean, you claim to be the 'most important side' with 'the most amount of power' but you couldn't even finish the job you started. Ugh." He turned away from him, and towards the rest of us.

Logan, with tears falling down his face.
Roman, somehow looking just as bad - did that mean that Patton's peppy attitude was a personality thing, rather than a trait of his role?
And me, of course, the adrenaline that was coursing through me slowly fading away.

"Now children, sit down for story time."

We all sat down.

"Two days after Logan agreed to come with us, the dinner occurred, as my dear Virgil here has told you all."

We all looked at Logan, who looked like he was about to vomit.

"During this discussion, we brought up... well, everything. The contract, our situations. Everything. Logan, being the objective and fair Logic, agreed that our living situation was unjust, and that to be human is to be diverse, in terms of emotions and also in terms of personality. What a polite way of calling us all freaks, huh?"

We didn't laugh.

Logan interrupted, "But... I don't know what was in the agreement. As far as I'm aware, that's between yourself and Patton. I have a vague idea, but there's no way we had a discussion about something like that..."

He trailed off. Janus smiled, the corners sharp as knives, his eyes pointed as spears.

"How odd! I vividly remember all of us being present for the agreement... and yet our dear Logan doesn't remember it?"

Roman interrupted, "Uh, yeah I also don't remember."

"Me too." I said, looking at the other sides in confusion. "That was between you and Patton."

Janus gave Patton a scathing look, before turning to me.

"And yet did you not just mention, on multiple occasions whilst recounting this tale of your supposed 'hatred' for me, the agreement as being your reason for hating Patton, which would imply that you knew its contents?"