I

"Why would you protect an outsider, but still look at me that way!" Naruto stormed off seething. He was done. Shikamaru and Choji were supposed to be his friends, but no, they were just like the rest. He didn't know who this Yota kid was, but the gall for them to take pity on the lonely, lost kid. The village already had a lonely and lost little boy.

No one would bother to ask him why he never ate lunch. It was because nobody taught him to cook, he wasn't allowed in the library to read a cookbook, and everybody would overcharge him for food. Why do you always eat ramen? Because it was the first meal anyone has given me and it's the only thing I can afford. Why do you always do pranks? Because I have no one to give me attention. Why is your house always messy? Because no one taught me the way. Why do you suck at the academy? Because I have no one to teach me at home. Why do you not pay attention in class? Because I daydream about a better life.

Naruto travelled through the forest from whence he came, going to the training ground. He needed to vent his anger. Suddenly a boy appeared in front of him.

"Hi, I'm Yota, what's your name?" asked the boy. Naruto was frozen. This was the outsider. The outsider they cared for more than him. Yota looked at Naruto with confusion as the latter's initial face of shock went into one of fury. Naruto cocked his fist and punched him as hard as he could. Yota was knocked on his back a few feet away. Storm clouds soon appeared and rain and lightning soon descended. Naruto ran back home for some cover, but the weather was only focused on the one place he was, which he found somewhat peculiar. However, Naruto did not dwell. He still had anger in his heart and so ran for the posts in the academy yard.

He reached the posts and when he did, every look of disgust or fear or hate, every time he was thrown out of a store, everytime he was overcharged, everytime he lost to Sasuke, everytime he failed a test ran through his mind. He started punching the post in front of him as hard as he could, those events replaying over and over again. Time had passed and Naruto's fingers and knuckles gave and broke, but the blonde kept going using the back of his hand. More time passed and those bones soon broke as well. Then came the wrists and the forearms and the elbows and the upper arms and that's where Naruto stopped. He looked at his arms. They were hanging like cooked noodles, bones jutting out in some places. The arms were covered in blood, bruises, and scratches. He looked up at the post. Upon it was blood, flesh, and small white shards.

Naruto felt the pulse of pain coming from his arms and envelope his being, but he was too tired to react to it. It was dark and Naruto walked home uncaring towards his grievous wounds. Before he could exit the academy the bleeding had stopped, but Naruto did not notice. He laid in his bed, stuck on blood staining his blanket and sheets. His last thought before he drifted off into dreamless sleep was that besides the pain and exhaustion it felt good. He felt relief.