VI

Hiruzen had been awoken by an Anbu who revealed Naruto had taken the Scroll of Seals as part of a fake test set by Mizuki. However, plans didn't go the way Mizuki thought. He was eventually caught and imprisoned, but Naruto was nowhere near the meeting point they had taken from Mizuki. Nearly an hour later the scroll crashed through a window of the Hokage Residence and a boy with blonde hair could be seen running to fields in the night.

Eager to show his newly acquired skill, Naruto woke up early that morning, and got ready quickly to head to the academy. Technically, you just needed to pass the graduation exams to graduate and he just passed in the written test and the shuriken and kunai throwing tests. But, he was perfect in the substitution and transformation techniques. With this clone technique down, he was definitely going to graduate.

Naruto walked through the empty halls of the academy and slipped into the empty classroom. He then made twenty-six clones of himself and they all sat in each of the seats, the original taking his own. It was still quite early so the Narutos started doing things to pass the time. Games of bloody knuckles, mercy, knife song, arm wrestling, and other games that could cause injury or pain popped up. Some carved upon the desks or slept or looked out the window. Naruto saw the arrival of parents with their children. His emotions were mixed. He was disgusted at the sight, but he was excited to show off his new skill.

Students started trickling into the classroom only to be surprised at twenty seven Narutos taking up all the seats, doing various things. When one student approached one of the clones to take his seat, believing it was a regular clone, everyone was baffled when the clone shoved the boy away. It was clear the solid clones of Naruto weren't giving up their seats, only Sasuke was able to get a seat after a harsh scuffle. The students just stood at the front of the classroom conversing with one another until Iruka came in. And his jaw dropped.

Iruka had heard that the Scroll of Seals had been stolen the previous night and he thought Mizuki was the perpetrator, but here were twenty seven physical Narutos. The Taju Kage Bunshin no Jutsu was the first technique of the Scroll of Seals. It was classified as forbidden since making too many could deplete chakra to the point you could die. Iruka gathered himself, "Naruto, dispel your clones!" Naruto looked at his teacher with disdain and there were twenty five poofs of smoke. The students took their seats. Iruka spoke towards Naruto again, "Since you've passed the clone test with top marks, you'll be able to join the rest of your class in the genin team referrals." Naruto smiled at himself. He ignored everyone and everything once again and went all out in taijutsu sparring. He was actually able to stand his ground against Sasuke for a full thirty minutes before his skull was bashed in so much, he couldn't see nor hear. Naruto had the advantage in strength, endurance, speed, and agility, however Sasuke had an overwhelming advantage in skill.