Chapter 18

Chapter 18

It had finally occurred to me why Light became so broken at the end of the anime.

The one thing that Light should supposedly rely on, was his family. Yet despite his good intentions for the world, his family shattered everything just by that one word.

Kira is evil.

Evil.

It was sad really, how even his own father had deemed his ideas and actions evil. I had somehow understood the feeling of being abandoned, of being hated despite them giving birth to you. I had sympathized with him because I knew as a fact that they would never see the world from his eyes.

No wonder he became positively mental. He had no one that he could trust nor keep up with him.

And this left a weakness. A room for me to exploit.

My eyes flashed darkly as we walked quietly in the street, heading back into the direction of home.

I could already see how this would all play out. I would strip him of everything he could trust, and be the only person for him. He would need me. Crave for me.

Yet that was what made him so attractive.

The idea of him being broken down and clinging onto his last strand of sanity was enthralling. Positively relishing.

Needless to say, I was somehow perfect for this position. I knew what Light was going to do, his ideals, his thoughts, and even his preferences. While it was true that I knew this from watching his life story unfold in anime, I was also able to tell exactly what he was thinking.

And that was extremely weird because I was not his real sister, yet could somehow understand him.

I knew him on a personal level.

Children who end up being abandoned by their parents could end in two ways. The first being absolutely repulsed by physical contact, or craving so much more than three average humans's all combined.

Light from the anime was not the ladder.

But in this version, he will be.

"Sayu," I heard his voice and stopped, turning around to face him despite our house being 5 more miles away.

"Why are you helping...Kira?"

I could hear the hesitancy in his voice which was rare for him. I knew that he was struggling to choose between asking his own name and his title for the question, but he knew that if he asked about himself, I would just brush it off with a blood-related excuse.

"Because, my dear brother," I cooed before stepping closer towards him. He watched with wary eyes as I approached before suddenly yanking him down to my eye level. His facial muscles twitched without expressing any of his surprises but had let me have my way with him.

"If you get caught as Kira, then I will not be the proud daughter of Soichiro Yagami, but the cruel and evil sister of a mass murder." I hissed before letting go.

The expression on his face stiffened at my remark as he stumbled backwards from my small push.

"Oh don't get me wrong, Light." I waved him dismissively before eyeing him seriously. "I'm only implying that history is written by its victors."

His gaze stared knowingly back at mine as his hands moved into his pockets, pulling out the piece of death note that he had used to kill Naomi.

"Touch this." He demanded before I threw back my head for a good laugh.